Cobra announces a new exhaust system - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

April 1, 2009

Yorba Linda, CA -- April 1, 2009 -- In a stunning announcement today, Cobra Engineering President, Tim McCool, released information to the media as well as Cobra's national distributors about the company's new line of exhaust systems for the growing electric scooter market. "Transportation technologies are rapidly moving to electric vehicles, mostly electric cars. But now, research has shown us there is a small, but rapidly-growing demand for electric-powered scooters. We plan to achieve and maintain a number-one market share of the two-wheel electric exhaust industry," McCool said.

McCool then pulled the cover off a smattering of contemporary electric-powered scooters -- all equipped with Cobra's new "Watt's Happening" line of high performance electric exhaust systems. Those media guests in attendance were at first impressed when the scooters were "fired up" so-to-speak. Yet after just a few minutes of complete silence, the spectators were soon bored to tears by the lack of an exhaust note.

Then, in an obviously orchestrated move, Cobra's VP of Marketing, Ken Boyko entered the stage to announce Cobra's new "Exhaust System Enhancement Kit" for most popular electric scooters. The CESE kit is powered by a compact, built-in DVD audio output device that links to the rider's throttle inputs. The Cobra engineers say the enthusiast will not only have a scooter that sounds like a high performance motor vehicle, but he will be able to "tune" it to taste. The rider can choose sound tracks ranging from Pan Head Harleys to Yamaha's Moto GP racer. Boyko went on to explain that the DVD also delivers your choice of 11 output levels. "If you are cruising down the road with your exhaust system set on the "11," the loudest setting and the police pull you over," Boyko explained, "you can quickly turn the output knob to the "1" setting, making it difficult for the authorities to write you for excessive noise."

When asked which electric scooter model will get the first fitment of the CESE electronic exhaust system, McCool and Boyko said they have targeted the soon-to-be-released cruiser-styled Panda 16, a 1600-watt machine from offshore scooter manufacturer, Soy Industries.

In closing, Boyko said the all-new Panda scooter when equipped with the Cobra CESE system will allow the rider to switch from a wide variety of various exhaust notes plus a righteous rendition of the all-time biker classic, Free Bird.

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to 1999JagWing
Post imported post

I sure hope this is an april fools joke.
The only way i couls see this being sold is to the "tween" crowd.

It is called a "DEER ALERT". It lets the deer know you are coming, that way if the deer wants to kill you or commit suicide, it will have the time to prepare for the attack!!!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Post imported post

MMMM electric vehicle and exhausts, mmm me thinks this is an april fool

Derek and Maggie

GL1800 2004 US spec White.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 PM

Post imported post

:chee ky1:cute lol:c heeky1:

I can\'t drive 55
Quoated from sammy.
Life is to short to work all the time, ask me how I know. Hunt,Fish,Ride with pride.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

1999JagWing wrote:
Quote:
I sure hope this is an april fools joke.
The only way i couls see this being sold is to the "tween" crowd.
yah maybe...

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page