Purchases from Wingstuff - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2010 GL1800 Comfort Audio
Garage
Post imported post

I am wondering if anybody has had questionable dealings with Wingstuff? I don't want to disparage a company if I have not figured out how things work.
I ordered some lights last week and was told that I was signed up for the VIP program. I have not been able to access the VIP pricing yet. I was told that there would not be any charges to my credit card until the items were shipped and when they shipped, I would receive an e-mail with tracking numbers. So far my card was charged and there are NO tracking numbers yet. Three e-mails to their "contact page" have only yielded an e-mail that half the order was shipped, no tracking numbers yet.
Has anybody had any dealings with them and had similar problems, or is this just a novices' lack of knowledge of how ordering parts works?
Thanks for any help!

1973 Kawasaki 1000, 1984 Yamaha XT 500, 1975 GL 1100 Interstate, 1984 GL 1200 Aspencade, 2008 GL 1800, 2010 GL1800 Comfort Audio
I prefer to drink my pint in peace, but I can see you are in need of a good beating and I\'m always willing to help a poor ******* out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

I don't know if it's because they are located in Cal. But I ordered a simple cigarette lighter from them and it took 3 weeks. Then I ordered passenger arm rest,,,,,, took the same amount of time if not more.

I deal with different ones now and get my orders the same week.

Chrome World Free Catalog

Cyclemax, The place to get discount aftermarket Honda Goldwing Parts and Acces

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

For future purchases, I am certainly looking at CyclemaxOhio. Seems to be many good posts about them here.

1973 Kawasaki 1000, 1984 Yamaha XT 500, 1975 GL 1100 Interstate, 1984 GL 1200 Aspencade, 2008 GL 1800, 2010 GL1800 Comfort Audio
I prefer to drink my pint in peace, but I can see you are in need of a good beating and I\'m always willing to help a poor ******* out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 PM

Post imported post

I have purchased a lot from Wingstuff and have only had great experiences.

2008 GL1800
\'81 GL1100
\'85 BMW K100rt
\'91 Nighthawk 750
None of my bikes make much noise.

veho illic quod tergum
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

The sales people and their knowledge and help was first rate! It just seems that the followup service seems to be somewhat lacking.
Again, this may be my inexperience, but my questions to them, so far, have gone unanswered.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 PM

Post imported post

I have made quite a few purchases from Wingstuff and have been very satisfied with them, sometimes something is backordered, its not their fault, on the other hand I had a awful experience with Gary at Cyclemax, I wouldnt order a thing from Cyclemax.

New 2009 GL 1800 Navigation model in metallic titanium. Without a doubt the finest bike I have ever had. What you could of done today should always be put off till tommorrow
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

In the past, I had similar experiences as Winger77. Shipping the order seemed to take 2 weeks, but I'd get an email confirming shipping and a tracking number.

Last week, my buddy and I ordered some stuff from them, a couple days apart. He was thinking on waiting a couple daysto order so it would be after his billing date on his CC. I told him not to worry, as they don't bill until they ship and it usually takes 2 weeks for them to ship. Well he decided to order that day and was surprised when he got an email from them later that day, saying that his items had shipped. I was a little flabbergasted as to their quickness. I ordered a day later and the same thing. Shipped that same day. I received a tracking number and he didn't, even after emailing them. I don't think he even got a response from them

My order arrived at my US shipping address4 working days later, not in one box, but 2. One from Wingstuff and one from Cycle Giant(their 'sister' store for 'crusiers) even though I had ordered all my stuff from the Wingstuff site. Then I got another call from my US shipping address the following day, saying I got another package from Wingstuff. WTF !!

Now I have to pay $12 to pick up 3 packages and another $4 for one that will be coming soon as 1 item was back ordered, making my cost $16($4/package)instead of $8 for the two that normally would happen. style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6e1d7"The quicker shipping is surely welcomed, but not the newfragmented shipping method ofmultiple packages. That just increases my shipping costs!

Might switch entirely to Cyclemax if it happens again as there is now no shipping cost advantage.

Iwill say that I once had to return an item for a refund. Seeing as I live I Canada, they had trouble generating a return UPS shipping label. After 3 tries,I asked if I could just mail it back instead and they reimburse me the mailing cost, which they did.

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 01:39 AM

Model: GL1500 SE
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jerryk959
Post imported post

I have ordered from Wingstuff 3 times this year and have had had various shipping times from 5 days to 2 weeks. I have always received a tracking number when they ship. In fact I should be getting a package on Monday from them. I have not dealt with their customer service yet. I have had no need to. So far, I have had great service.

Jerry
N5DTR
1984 GL1200A
1994 GL1500A (Gone to a better home)
2004 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom (Wifes Bike)
2000 GL1500SE 25th Anniversery Edition (Pearl Coronado Blue)

Some days it\'s not even worth chewing through the restraints...

"We ride and never worry \'bout the fall...guess that\'s just the cowboy in us all." -Tim McGraw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 AM

Post imported post

I too have had nothing but good service form Wingstuff. I have used them for a couple of years. the last order one item was "delayed" not backordered. I called and they told me no additonal shipping charges and it would be next week. I have always received tracking numbers.

Spider Bob

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps, it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Patriot Guard Rider
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 AM
IBA Member

Model: GL1200A, 2014 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garage
Post imported post

I have browsed through Wingstuff's website but have not plunged into purchase just yet. I have purchased some "gear" through leather up which is also located on the "left" coast and had prompt delivery from them. Back order would be what I suspect as the culprit.

Screw it, Let's ride!

When life throws you a curve.....lean into it!!!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page