SKWOOSH™ Gel Touring Pad for Motorcycles - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 AM

Post imported post

I have had the Skwoosh for about 6 months after I saw a recommendation on this site. I suffer from arthritis in my tailbone. When it first arrived I was skeptical because it appears thinner than the thicker Gel Pads I was used to riding on my Indian. I was looking for a solution for my wing and the thicker Gel Pads just weren't cutting it. Well I was pleasantly surprised and now love the thing. It raises me up appropriately and you get a great "custom" fit as the gel "swooshes" to fit the rider.

Here are a few things I found great about this pad design:

The thinner design allows me a better transferrence of heat when using the heated seat I have with the comfort package.

The gel seems to adjust to my needs - raising me up by gelling under my joint where my leg meets the pelvis from below - this relieves the ppressure off of my tailbone - which is what I needed.

The pad thickness was perfect for me in terms of how high it raised me up for line of sight viewing over the windshield.

The "sticky side" is a great innovation to hold you onto the seat (i.e. - nonslip) instead of some of the velcro or strap and hook setups I have seen on other pads. This allows quick pick up and storage in a bag for security when away from the bike.

Lastly, a quick story on durability. I had ridden quite awhile with the Skwoosh. In fact it was a constant comfort companion during my 6,500 mile Northwest tour this summer. A few weeks ago I left work and accidentally placed it in my rear seat as I got suited up to ride home. A bit absentmindedly I forgot it was there. As I rolled onto the highway - about one exit down the way I was looking in my rearview mirror while changing a lane - and to my horror I saw my Skwosh like a big black butterfly blowing in the high speed traffic breeze. Went back to look for it but could not find it. I figured it was lost - they were doing HEAVY road repaving and had been doing it for weeks. Angry at myself for my absent mindedness I festered for three days thinking I was going to breaK DOWN AND BUY ANOTHER ONE! Then Friday night I was returning home and they had just spray painted the lines and placed the reflectors on the new highway. As my eyes scanned the pavement ahead I saw a black spot on the median dirt between the median guardrail and the high speed lane asphalt - about a three foot wide dirt strip. I checked the rearviews - pulled off the next ramp and circled around about a mile. I was blessed with slow traffic - saw my "dark spot" parked in the breakdown lane and ran across and got it. Got back on the bike and started to pull onto the highway - wouldn't you know it the first car to come up was a Highway Patrol - who passed me and then put on his light - but didn't stop - whew. So I got home and checked out my recovered Skwoosh. There were a couple of dirt tiremarks on it - and that was all. I was shocked. I expected tar, ripped seams, some kind of a blowout from the gel when it was run over - nothing but a dirt tread which I washed off. I havebeen using it ever since - happy for my good fortune after an absentminded mistake that I thought had cost me one of my most prized riding tools. I was a happy man that weekend - you'd have thought I found a million bucks or something - LOL If these things can withstand the traffic for days in that very well traveled high speed highway zone - they are indeed durable!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, (attributed); US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

WHAT I RIDE: 2008 Honda GL1800, 2002 Indian Chief
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks Blackdog That's what I like to hear the good and the bad
Ride Safe, Ray

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

On h3ll, guess I got to order one now.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

OK, just ordered mine and it'll be here before I leave for PA next week!!!

Michael

Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Got my order confirmation email already.

Michael

post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

cool we can all compare notes togather

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

I figure I'll get it by the middle of next week, just in time for my trip to PA so I should be able to post a good report when I get back.

Michael

post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Just got an email from Skoosh. My pad finally shipped today, USPS Priority Mail. Won't be here in time for my trip to PA. So I guess I keep using the old gel pad for a while.

Michael

post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Got mine today tested it out on a ride for about 3 hours. Worked great and will have a better idea once I put more butt time on it
I also received a $10.00 coupon good till 1/01/10 that is cool.
So far so good, as Blackdog said the non slip side really doesn't move on you.
I have to find my sweet spot on my seat for it but I think it is going to be a keeper
I'll update my thoughts and opinion on it as time progresses with it.
Ride Safe, Ray

post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Dang it, how did you get special treatment? i ordered mine not more than 4 hrs after you did and mine didn't even ship until today.

Michael

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page