Bulbs part number needed for GL1500 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I can't seem to find the part number for the lamps for the console switches/buttons for my 89 Wing. If anyone can help me, I sure would appreciate it.

Also, if there's a automotive "or equal", that would be of a real help too!

Thanks,

Bob
It\'s not the destination in life that matters.
It\'s the journey and the friends that you make along the way.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm". ~George Orwell

Member:
GWRRA
Patriot Guard Rider
Warrior\'s Watch Rider
Saddle Sore 1000 Certified
2009 Run For The Wall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

I've got a few links, haven't traced them down, just in my bookmarks

Replacement Light Bulbs

Radio back lites?

Cornering Light Replacement Bulb

hope this is useful

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:23 AM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

This may help.???

LINK TO INSTRUMENT PANEL PARTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Quote:
I've got a few links, haven't traced them down, just in my bookmarks

Replacement Light Bulbs

Radio back lites?

Cornering Light Replacement Bulb

hope this is useful
Quote:
This is beginning to point me in the right direction. However, the ones that I need are the "Radio Back Lights". Unfortunately, the link comments are for mid to late 90's models. I'd hate to buy the expensive lamps just for find out they are the wrong ones for my bike. My manual does not specify the lamps for the radio. I can see right now this can easily turn into a wild goose chase.

Bob

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm". ~George Orwell

Member:
GWRRA
Patriot Guard Rider
Warrior\'s Watch Rider
2009 Run For The Wall
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

clpete wrote:
Quote:
This does listing does not detail the P/N's either. Nor does it indicate the Year/Model number. Woe is me.....

Bob

Member:
GWRRA
Patriot Guard Rider
Warrior\'s Watch Rider
2009 Run For The Wall
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:41 AM

Model: 1997 GL1500 2007 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

I don't remember where I found this but had it saved. I think this might be what you are looking for:

I found the following in my GW notes:

Replacing Your GL 1500 Radio Light Bulbs

The AM-FM-Cassette player on your GL 1500 has four "twist in" light bulbs and two "press in"
light bulbs. The four "twist in" bulbs illuminate the keys on the keyboard and the two "press in"
bulbs illuminate the vol-ic-vol-mute-avc-tone
indicator strip. The twist-in bulbs are available from
http://www.partstore.com

The part numbers for the twist in bulbs are XAMR011SA You can call toll free at 1-866-925-7278, which translates into 1-866-PART. The two press-in bulbs are available
at most Radio Shack stores, but you will need to do some cutting, splicing, and insulating to make them fit.

You'll find the Panasonic model number, such as rm 1500a, on a sticky-back label on the outside of the radio's chassis. Refer to this number when you talk to the people at partstore.com.

When you receive your bulbs, remove the radio
from your Gold Wing. Refer to your service manual for this procedure.

The service manual doesn't tell you how to disassemble your radio, but here's how to do it. Lay a soft pillow on your worktable. Label and remove the five knobs for vol, ic vol, mute, avc, and tone. If you have a cassette in the cassette player, eject it. Lay the radio upside down on
the pillow and remove the 9 screws that hold the bottom panel on. One of the screws is hidden under a rubber pad. Pry the pad away just enough to expose the hidden screw. Carefully remove the bottom panel, using a pocketknife or a suitable flat tool to pry the front of the panel to clear the chassis.

If the rubber pad is totally removed from the chassis, simply glue it back on with some Honda Hand Grip Cement, available from your Honda dealer, when you're ready to reassemble the
radio. Unplug the 9-pin connector cn103 from the brown printed circuit board. Remove the four screws that secure the keyboard assembly to the chassis. Press the cover release button at the back of the radio and remove the keyboard panel. You'll need to feed the cn103 connector through the opening in the chassis to free the keyboard panel. You'll see the four gray "twist in" bulbs on a brown printed circuit board. Twist them counter-clockwise to remove them. You may need to use a flat head screwdriver to twist them to the
unlocked position. Install the new bulbs by twisting them clockwise to lock them in place. To replace the two other bulbs, unplug the 6-pin cn702 connector and carefully remove the blue
"condoms" from the old bulbs. If the new bulbs have two bare wires, strip about an inch of insulation from some 18 ga. automotive wire and slip it on each bare wire of the new bulbs. Solder and insulate the solder connections to the existing wire where you cut off the old bulbs. Use some saliva to lubricate the new bulbs and slip the blue "condoms" over the new bulbs.

Reassemble the radio in the reverse order that you disassembled it. Refer to your Honda service manual to install the radio on your Gold Wing.

This article only applies to the 1988 thru 2000 Gold Wings, Aspencades, and SEs. It doesn't apply to the GL 1500 Gold Wing Interstates or the GL 1800 Gold Wings.

Mike K.
Honorary Wild Rhino- Thanks Fly!!

07 GL1800 - Crucible Orange Metallic
Premium Audio/Comfort/NAVI/ABS
Converted to California Sidecar Viper Trike.

Darkside #1659
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

WOW...now that's what I was looking for. Thank You Very Much!!!

Bob

Member:
GWRRA
Patriot Guard Rider
Warrior\'s Watch Rider
2009 Run For The Wall
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page