Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which model wing is the coolest ?

4K views 50 replies 42 participants last post by  Dragon wagon 
#1 ·
imported post

Redbarons AV got me thinking about this , along with a local ad for a 1100 GW .

Which of the wings do you think it the coolest of the bunch . I have a real liking for the older wings with removable ( suit case ) hard bags on them .

The older 1100 version .

#6 ·
imported post

My avatar???? One day in the very near future when I get My real 82 Interstate out and finish the polishing I have started, no working on it properly until I get the stitches out....So up until yeserday I had been polishing some of the stuff on it that I didn't have to bend over or lay down to do....Once the "Black Beauty" is ready for public display I will replace the avatar that's there now.....But as it sets it is a might nice looking old Wing....Would I buy a 1500 or 1800 ????? Seen one that belongs to RetNav that I would dearly love to have, but it aint gonna happen....But thanks for the compliment....

Claude.....

#7 ·
imported post

Dragon wagon wrote:
Redbarons AV got me thinking about this , along with a local ad for a 1100 GW .

Which of the wings do you think it the coolest of the bunch . I have a real liking for the older wings with removable ( suit case ) hard bags on them .

The older 1100 version .
Dragon wagon, ALL WINGS ARE THE COOLEST!!!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

It doesn't matter which model you're on, as long as you're on a wing!!! Pick which one is for you and go for it!!!! :15blue::15green::15grey::18blue::18orange::12red::11red::1000red::18red::15white:

#8 ·
imported post

Well, it's a trike, but still a Goldwing, that would be my avatar with the fastest color to boot.

Of course Flyone is right but if I had to pick

#9 ·
imported post

i have only owned the 1800 i have now, so i can't be a fair judge on the subject, but i sure do like it. i think the coolest one is the one you have in your garage.

#10 ·
imported post

rickfrl wrote:
i have only owned the 1800 i have now, so i can't be a fair judge on the subject, but i sure do like it. i think the coolest one is the one you have in your garage.
Right on!!!!!!:bow:

#11 ·
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
rickfrl wrote:
Right on!!!!!!:bow:
I think I would have to vote that way also!:action:

#14 ·
imported post

HMMM i have failed then , the one in my garage is a 1200 and i still think the older model is a cooler bike .

I think they made the 1200 with those type bags too , not sure . Mine dont have that style i know .

Worse yet i think i got the slowest color . Silver :action:But it has grown on me .

#16 ·
imported post

Dudes,

I think the real point here is: So long as it has two (or in some cases, three) wheels and isn't a scooter, it is indeed cool.

The spirit of two wheels is what really counts (unless it's a scooter of course).

#17 ·
imported post

Hmmmm, Not sure it takes much thinking about, in the color/heat spectrum Red is associated with the hotter and Blue the colder, so I would have to go with my satellite blue 85 Aspy, as being the coolest.

I have heard of Ice blue.... not Ice red

#18 ·
imported post

I really like the look of the 1200's ... 'specially the LTD...

I like 1100's for ease of working on & price of parts...

If I had Flyone's money, I'd have one of each at least :goofygrin:

But, yes, they're all cool with me, even the custom ones, as long as they ain't too loud :)

#21 ·
imported post

I really like the 1500 I have in the garage BUT the question was: "Which of the wings do you think is the coolest of the bunch?" If we're talking just a stock bike the way it came from the factory I have to say I'm a purist. I think this bike is the coolest. It's not the fastest. It's not the most comfortable. It's not the best handling. It's not the most economical. As a matter of fact, it's at the top of the list in only one category - well, maybe 2 because it's black - and that is the COOL category. If Honda still sold these I'd buy one in a second.

And it should really be a '79 with the nicer turn signals, master cylinder, etc.. I used to have a bike like this and loved to rip all the Vetter stuff off it once in a while and ride around town. And I knew it was cool because everyone told me it was. They'd roll down their windows at red lights to make sure I knew. Guys would shout at me from the sidewalk, giving me the thumbs up. What an ego boost. And all I was doing was riding a COOL bike.

#25 ·
imported post

I'm partial to an '82 standard with Vetter gear and a giant man in a Santa suit on the seat.;) But the other posters who say "any wing in your garage" have it nailed down pretty solid.
On the other hand, I saw a flat-black Valkyrie Interstate with carbon fiber pipes on E-bay the other day and just about wet myself. It looked like a GL rat bike and I thought it was the coolest boxer-engine bike I'd ever seen. I'd post the link but the listing's expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.