GIPRO DS-H02 GEAR INDICATOR - Gear Indicator - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Interesting Product. Let's you see what gear you are in.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Has anyone had any experience with this... from a cost; installation; or performance point of view.

Seems pretty standard at about $150...

Looks to be easy to install,even for a guy who is not electrically inclined.

Comments... suggestion.... praise... cautions... deals?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg giprods3.jpg (20.8 KB, 92 views)

"Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly." I don\'t want to change my account name... but I\'m now riding a \'09 GW w/ CSC Trike.

Previously Owned: \'93 Goldwing Trike; \'05 1800ABS ; \'99 GL1500SE Goldwing; \'05 Honda VTX1300R; \'02 Honda Shadow 750 Classic; \'78 CB500; Late 60\'s Triumph 500 & 650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

Post imported post

Not that particular one. But I looked it up, it plugs into the red diagnostic plug under the seat.

Some of the reviews on it say from 06 up the white plug does not fit the bikes without modification of the plug, so I would call them about the year of the bike, I could not find that in your profile.

They work after a fashion Easily fooled.

First ride they program, the device tells you when to shift, so you just take off and ride normal and it will program to your normal riding speeds.

Easy to fool it with fast downshifts or hard acceleration, it reads speed and rpm and indicates that way.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Post imported post

99winger wrote:
Quote:
Interesting Product. Let's you see what gear you are in.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Has anyone had any experience with this... from a cost; installation; or performance point of view.

Seems pretty standard at about $150...

Looks to be easy to install,even for a guy who is not electrically inclined.

Comments... suggestion.... praise... cautions... deals?

Hi,

For the $$$$$ that is spent for a GL you would think it would be a standard feature

I ordered an aftermarket Gear Indicator GIPRO DS-H02for my 2008 Honda GL1800 that works great & is easy to install, plugs into ECU plug under seat, comes in four different colors & has a two year Warranty.

Purchased one for my 2008 Burgundy GL1800back in February 2009 & recently in December 2009for the 2008 GL1800 Titanium I currently own. cost is around $150.00& is easy to install ( Excellent instructions ). when clutch is depressed at a lightno reading, release clutch a bit shows gear you are in.
John
Quote:
PS. I forgot to mention, after installed keep bike on center stand to program 5 speeds into indicator. need only to do this once unless a battery is changed...... SUPER EASY

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GL 1800 GEAR INDICATOR.jpg (75.5 KB, 79 views)

Money is not yours .... until you spend it !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Did the install yesterday..... biggest issue was getting the seat/backrest/armrests on and off.... and how to run the cable and where toinstall the display.... not much room on the 'Wing to run and hide the cable.... finally got it out of sight and calibrated. Total install time about 3.5 hours! Total plug in and calibrate the unit only about 10 mins.

"Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly." I don\'t want to change my account name... but I\'m now riding a \'09 GW w/ CSC Trike.

Previously Owned: \'93 Goldwing Trike; \'05 1800ABS ; \'99 GL1500SE Goldwing; \'05 Honda VTX1300R; \'02 Honda Shadow 750 Classic; \'78 CB500; Late 60\'s Triumph 500 & 650.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page