563Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM

Post imported post

Moorhead WingFan wrote:
Quote:
Kit Carson wrote:
Quote:
Checked the air pressure this morning, put some new url in it. Nope not telling what kind . Hunted up some heated gear, some extra gloves, got my new rain gear out of the box and put that in the bike, (tried it on first) put a new battery in my voltmeter and put a few more tools on the bike, some spare fuses, light bulbs.........checked my air pump..........stuffed granola bars everywhere they will fit, along with a few drinks.

Packed one pair of jeans( I ride in full gear) and two extra shirts. An extra mesh jacket in case it gets hot.

In the morning the cell phone and my toothbrush goes in, along with my laptop and I am off for Californya.

First stop Mobile Alabamy.....527 miles down the road........then along the coast to San Diego........from there as the crow flies, up the coast, to Oregon, back down to Yellowstone, then across the top to Conneticutt, over to the east coast, down the outer banks and finally home.

Just a hop skip and a jump.

Kit
Hey Kit, What is your trip plans going back East accross the Northern States?
Have you ever watched the TV show Lost? I really do not know, I do not plan a trip I just go. Wherever I end up is fine. I had not really planned on the northern states, other than a brief visit in Conn to see my youngest son. Mainly from yellowstone drop down some and take old route 66 across part of the midwest then back up to Conn and over to the east coast and down.

Hard to tell, I just go. No set route, or agenda. That kinda takes the fun out of it.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to caes179 Send a message via MSN to caes179
Post imported post

Looked at it longingly as I left it locked up in work and walked home.
We are getting the front of the house block paved so I can get it in.
Builders were rained off today though

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary, and those that don\'t.

Always in the cack, its just the depth that varies..
post #23 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:47 PM

Post imported post

Checked the spark plug color. I have been playing with a single carb setup. They look great after 800 mles.

1983 GL 1100 aspencade
It's not how far you ride in a day but in a lifetime. Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

I rode it!

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #25 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:57 PM

Model: 86 1200A
Post imported post

Sat at my computer at work and dreamed of riding, spent some time with my friends on this site. But don't tell the boss. Hey Kit where in the big state of conn. is your youngest.

1973 honda cb450
1980 honda cb750c
1986 honda aspencade
post #26 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Year: 1985
Make: Honda VT700C
Model: 87 GL1200 Aspy
Post imported post

Found out that I need a new foot brake light switch. Anyone know where to look for such item? 87 Aspy. No riding today, weatherforecast says possible snow tomorrow.

Wings and Shadows. What else can you ask for?

Yeah, right...

I\'m Norwegian. My english is not perfect. Come to think of it, a lot of things about me aren\'t. So be it.
post #27 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Year: 1983
Make: Honda
Model: GL1100 Interstate
Send a message via AIM to Colemadad
Post imported post

All I did today was look and see if it was still sitting pretty in the garage. But YESTERDAY - my first ride since I bought it in December (no test ride, just listened to it inside a garage for a couple of minutes). I spent the winter doing all the maintenance stuff that many of you have recommended using info from here and GS's how-tos. What a blast and nothing leaked or seized all the better

1983 Interstate
post #28 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 PM

Post imported post

RAINY DAY HERE BUT THE SHOP DON'T LEAK SO I PUT A FRESH COAT OF WAX ON RUBY AND POLISHED THE WHEELS

enjoying the Golden years from the seat of a Goldwing
post #29 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:08 PM

Model: GL1500
Post imported post

Got out and Checked oil level, air pressure for tomorrows poker run, then rode it to the post office and a few other places.

Now if the rain will hold off tomorrow so we can havea good ride!

Served 823rd RED HORSE Unit \'83-\'88 USAF
\'Semper Ducimus\'
Red Knights Alabama Chapter 2
"Loyal to our Duty"
PGR Alabama Div.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1983 CX500 Custom
1981 GL1100 Standard
1982 GL1100 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 LTD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #30 of 5461 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Model: 2006 ST 1300
Garage
Post imported post

Believe it or not, I finally took my 1st ride of the year that was further than around the block. But first I had to finish up the new radio install and speedo-cable, two new tires/wheel bearings and steering head bearings. I did get in a run to the parts store for some paint to match-up the replacement chin-cowl that I trashed while riding over a trash can last October.

Some day I'll get some heat in the garage and do this stuff over the winter.

To anyone that remembers the post, a few guys thought I was being paranoid and that the cans probably fell off some-ones truck. Well the township police chief spotted some kids running away after he swerved to miss a few cans a few days later. He tracked them down and gave the kids and parents quite a scare.

I only found this out last month when he stopped in to use our range for some target practice. My gun-club is located in his township...

For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.... Shooter (2Late45)

1986 Interstate, 2006 ST 1300

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page