What did you do to your Wing today? - Page 359 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

587Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3581 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadiaz View Post
I went to the Honda dealer looking for a new brake master cylinder cover, gasket, and bolts because mine has a coin holder on it and it looks stupid.
$52 for the cover. I walked out and figured I will have to look elsewhere. I just want a cover not a new master cylinder.
Lots of them on eBay. I do recommend avoiding chrome ones, they do glare at times.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...er+cover&rt=nc

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3582 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwenrhod View Post
I threw a Slime air compressor and a first aid kit into the saddlebags and will be adding a wire harness to make turn the spoiler brake light into a running light.
Why bother to carry a compressor on a 1500? You have one on board, all you need is an extension hose which takes up less space and weight. You also can use your shock pressure gauge to measure the air you pump into your (or a friend's) tires.

Search Oregonwinger's tip on how to run your compressor with the bike's engine running. It's easy to do and prevents running down the battery plus runs the compressor faster.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GL1100...c9ccee&vxp=mtr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #3583 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
Worked on bike tonite. Mounted a dual cigarette lighter socket in storage compartment. Work out ok. Had to go in on an angle because the Garmin plug was just so long. There still a little room in there for what I was wanted. And I should be able to put the soft cover on and look normal. Found the stainless hardware and rubber grommet at local big box store. Dual socket seems nice for what it is and make me wonder if I should add one to the trunk although I have no idea what to fasten it to in there.

"riding is good therapy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3584 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 01:56 AM

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Nice looking shirt, but at 270# it is doubtful it will fit me
I feel like doing a new image, usually i ride with just my black double front Carhart pants, for some reason i just cannot get into wearing chaps. And a heavy cotton long sleeve plaid shirt.
I have an armoured Leatherup leather jacket, has those plastic pads in the elbows and shoulders. But i read some articles about just how fast denim or cotton jeans abrade on the pavement, granted those Carharts are harder than jeans but i think i have been living too close to the edge. That and in Alaska its a no helmet state, i only wear my modular when its cold.

Also i got hooked on more power, late last season i bought my second Vmax, an 85, just that one 20 mile ride has got me hooked, now everybody knows by now about Mollies 93 Goldwing, never rode it at all, runs fantastic, completely gone through and upgraded, even with radial tires, the other night i went and put my hone brew Dyna Beads in both tires, yes its the same stuff being sold for tires, silicon carbide bead blasting material is what it is. Basically ball bearing material of carbides and fused silica, hard. I thought i had some left over from a sand blaster project. Pity the job i left had a hundred pounds of left overs in a bucket, i should have snagged it.

All it needed was some sifting, a good wash and some heat to a skillet, used some clear tubing and a funnel, put 2 ounces in front and 2 1/2 in the rear, both tires are Shinko 890 Journey Tourmasters.

Plan is to get one of the smaller bikes out of the shed, maybe the 750 Virago, it will be muddy and slushy getting to the hiway. Dont want to lay any of the Goldwings over in the soft slush, edpecially just after a near perfect paint job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3585 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 04:05 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Especially after a fresh paint job.... not that any time is a good time.

~ John

post #3586 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 04:12 PM

Model: GL1800
Well not today but within two days..

- new tires, front and rear
- new brake disks, front
- new brake pads, front and rear
- cruise pegs

And a few weeks ago

- changed new windscreen
- installed rear speakers and heated grips and a mp3 player

Now just waiting for the summer to come..
post #3587 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Banned

Year: 94
Model: 1500 SE
I attended a Wing -Parking Lot skills class, then used the improved braking skills to avoid the cage trying to take me out.... as I left the venue!!
post #3588 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
Finished installing power plate and wiring. Took much longer than I thought. But now have power for gps and phone. Also wired in delay relay for HIDs so pretty productive day on bike.

"riding is good therapy"

post #3589 of 5497 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Just a Rider

Year: 2006
Model: GL1800 Comfort, Navi, ABS
Garage
Just finished preparing both bikes on the carport under the wood structure we call Pergola, settled down for a few weeks( tomorrow we'll leave scaping from the crowds invading this otherwise nice place for the Holidays ) then Wife need some veggies from the nearby Wallyworld, since the Bay is crowded with tourists by thousands everywhere, I decided to uncover the Wing and use it instead of the SUV, due the heavy traffic and filled parking lots.
Traffic is mad, and after wednesday it will be impossible, but we will be on a friend's country house, not far but out of this madness, will be back on Easter for a few days and leave for a few weeks, so battery mantainers will be on, just installed this weekend a weatherproof covered heavy duty socket outside the house, the Wing has a maintenance free battery, but the GS has a regular battery, a few months old, so I ask for advice on this: if I leave the battery tender connected for a couple of months or more, the electrolyte level will got low?
Now is on top, not experience on this, so I will appreciate the experts advice.
Thanks.

Retired&Riding.
current bikes: 2006 GL1800 ABS,Comfort,Navi.
2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure.
post #3590 of 5497 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 07:20 PM

Year: 1982
Model: Interstate
Garage
While she's in the shop waiting on parts, I put a hitch on it.

Bruce

Current Bikes:
---------------------
74 CB750 K4
77 CB550 K3
82 CM250C
82 GL1100 Interstate w/ Auburn Gemini (doublewide) Sidecar

Past Bikes:
------------------
What?? SELL a bike??

------------------
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lots of things. You've been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. Its having the right attitudes that's hard.

PGR since 2011

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page