What did you do to your Wing today? - Page 364 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

583Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3631 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 AM

Model: 2010
Garage
Just finished a rear tire change on my 2010....uuuggghhhh....... 10 of us got together and bought a tire changer and figured if I got one tire changed, it paid for my investment. My group involved in this all ride Harley Ultra's and we changed out 4 tires on Harley's and it went really well. At 30,000klm and the tire pretty much a slick, figured it was time to give mine a go, with the big concern being the TPMS sensor. So, how do you break the bead? The new tire changer didn't even come close to it. Using a floor jack and the trailer hitch on my truck we managed to get it broke. Damn near tore apart our new equipment getting the tire off and yes used losts of lube. Managed to get one side of the tire on and avoided the TPMS sensor just fine. Getting the other 1/2 on beat us up and I ended up going back to my dealer to finish it off for me. (My group gave me back my money on the tire changer) Jobe5 told me it was going to be a nightmare...well you were right fella!!!

Further research has shown us we need to get the plastic coated tire spoons to get the job done. Any tricks anyone has would be appreciated. The well in the rim is not very deep on these wings, so not much wiggle room to get the last 1/4 of the bead on the rim. I have a spare rim with a car tire on it that needs to be changed out, so thought I'd seek any tricks anyone has before we make our 2nd attempt on a wing rim.

2010 That is Black and has a Black Trailer on the Back.
2003 That is the fastest Red I've ever seen
Riding a 4 wheeler, 2 of them are on the trailer
My hair is white, my neck is red, my collar is blue.
Darkside #1721
2010 Rear-Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
2003 Rear-Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip 195/55R/16
Wild Rhino
Group of Ten (Those ten guys from Winnipeg)
AKA Wingerpeg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
Checked tire pressures (its amazing how much they changed with ambient temps) and cleaned up the front end that was pretty bugged up from weekend riding. Did a wipe down with some quick detailer. Everything to get ready for a commute to work tomorrow. Found out the weather suddenly changed and tstorms are coming with high winds. Hoping these are the storms predicted for the weekend and they blow thru early. There is a demo ride coming to town and if weather permits I just might take friday off.

"riding is good therapy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3633 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Model: '13 GL1800
Garage
Put a new bolt in the Mustang seat backrest so it can move farther forward.

Doing brake fluid and clutch flush this evening and switching everything over to SpeedBleeders

Keep the wheels down and ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3634 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Just a Rider

Year: 2006
Model: GL1800 Comfort, Navi, ABS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytrails View Post
Checked tire pressures (its amazing how much they changed with ambient temps) and cleaned up the front end that was pretty bugged up from weekend riding
Indeed, since I installed the Tiregard TPMS, I found that, when starting the ride, display wakes up, showing front 36, rear 41, after an hour or so in warm weather, at highway speeds, the front goes to 40/41 and the rear up to 52-54.

Retired&Riding.
current bikes: 2006 GL1800 ABS,Comfort,Navi.
2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure.
post #3635 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 02:56 PM

Model: '13 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSidetrack View Post
Put a new bolt in the Mustang seat backrest so it can move farther forward.

Doing brake fluid and clutch flush this evening and switching everything over to SpeedBleeders
Well, the backrest was done and the brake fluid with speed bleeder change was done, but I did not get to my clutch fluid - so that is today's job. Along with it a good washing and detailing.

Keep the wheels down and ride!
post #3636 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 PM

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Rode the 93 to work today, that is the tribute bike built for Mollie who passed away last july. Just some small issues with the carbon fiber wrap pulling off, after being nearly totally destroyed several years ago and brought back to life by me this is one fine bike even if its just riding to work.

post #3637 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM

Model: 2012 Goldwing (white)
Installed Cobra 6-to-6 pipes. Now trying to decide if I like them or not.
post #3638 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 02:13 PM

Year: 2013
Make: GL1800
Model: 2013 Navi Comfort
Garage
Dropped it off at the shop for new tires, front fork rebuild, troubleshoot cruise control problem, replacement of CB radio and antenna, and 12,000 mile service. Traveling for the next week so timing is perfect.

2013 GL1800 Comfort/Navi
2014 Harbor Freight Tag-a-Long
Currently stuck in Las Vegas, Nevada

Previous bikes (in reverse order) include:
Harley 883 Sportster
Honda GL1100 Interstate
Honda 750A Hondamatic (second best bike I ever owned)
Honda CB450
Kawasaki 900 Z1
Suzuki GT380
Honda MT125
post #3639 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Send a message via MSN to leewarne
fork oil and spring change

I decided to change the fork oil and springs today on my 1994 GL1500SE. All was going really well, wheel off and removed the left fork, took the fork cap off (carefully as I know what happens if you don't lol ) and realised that I had been given all the wrong size things. Wrong size springs, seals everything!!!! anyway decided that as it was all off I would clean everything up, change the oil and put everything back together. As I was saying it WAS going really well until I removed the right fork and started to take the fork cap off. My pressure slipped and the cap went off like a rocket. Spent 3 hours look for the thing before giving up as it went over my garden and next doors garden and disappeared!!!! What I did not know is that these are not easily replaced and am now waiting 4 weeks for another one to be shipped from JAPAN Argggghhhh.
Luckily my friend found one in his garage that fits. Not properly but it gets me back on the road till my new one arrives.
Well that's what I did today

Previous Bikes Owned :-
Yamaha FS1E
Kawasaki EN500 (Wrote Off)
Kawasaki ER5 (Sold)
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenre( Wrote Off)
Honda ST1100 (Sold)
Kawasaki VN1500 (Sold)
Honda VTR1000F (Sold)
post #3640 of 5490 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachoutwfwf View Post
Installed Cobra 6-to-6 pipes. Now trying to decide if I like them or not.
To loud? I've talked to a few HD riders who tell me they switch mufflers because the sound is too loud. But they are only changing slipons.

"riding is good therapy"

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page