Went to ScottHohio's Thursday and Friday - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I went up to Scotthohio's Thursday evening with the intentions of making a weekend run to Canada (which I backed out of due to the lovely storms and winds coming through)

So on Friday we worked on a couple minor things on Scott's bike and we did a couple minor things on mine. Scott offered to take the cage to Canada and I passed (sorry Debbie and Scott) but I'm not a great passenger on long trips. Scott knowing that one of my plans on the trip was to get headsets for Tracy and me and possibly stopping at Cyclemaxohio to do so. He told me Sierra was just a short ride from his house, so off we went Got to Sierra and got to say what friendly folks they are indeed. Asked alot of silly questions and got some great answers and good service. Ended up buying the headsets and lower cords for Tracy and I and also the 4 foot cable for the passenger. Also got the cable clips and a SWR meter, which dummy me thought I had the converter's here at home and don't so now I need to call them to get them for my Motorola system. I also didn't think of it but I should have gotten the volume control for the passenger while I was thereand YES I called Tracy and let her know I was dropping some big bucksjust not how many

Sierra, installed the headsets in the helmets for 20.00 a piece money well spent to have a professional do it right the first time

I about blew my eardrums out when I put them on,man those things rock and sound great, it was great being able to listen to music and to talk with Scott via the CB which came through loud and clear

We parted ways at his house with him and Debbie heading off for Canada (twice) ask him about his passportDebbie told him so

On my way back home I decide to take the scenic route and made a 3 hour ride last about 6 only issue besides dodging the 8 or 10 foot piece of scrap metal from a semi was my speedo stopped working around brookville lake (gps was a great benefit here). Saturday I found out (thankfully) it wasn't my sensor but something in the gearbox, much cheaper fix. Now to get it off and see what I need to order from my dealer Monday.

My trip was shorter than planned but I always enjoy meeting up with Scott and Debbie as they are excellent hosts and friends (hope I didn't snore) told them since I wasn't going with them that this could be like a mini honeymoon

Here's a picture of our bikes sitting outside Sierra's.

Ride Safe, Ray and Tracy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sierra trip.jpg (68.4 KB, 121 views)

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

That Sierra Electronics is quite a place. I went down there with Tricky and WGJ46 (Wayne) a couple of years ago and bought myself a CB for my 1500. There was a passport incident involved in that trip also. Ask Tricky about that one. The CB is now on Dusty Boots bike thanks to a cager.

Scott and Debbie got in around 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning and then we dragged them to an awards ceremony at 11:00 Saturday morning to see Anita get a volunteer award for all her work over the last several years with our youth baseball organization. Then we did the $0.25 tour of the Niagara Area (in my van), then we got out for a little ride. Scott and Debbie on my 1500 and me riding the wife's Shadow. I think Scott wants a 1500 now. They headed off this morning to have breakfast with D-Rod and Button Lady and then check out the Tally-Ho before heading home.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Hey Thanks for the update Bob, sorry I missed getting up there but I chickened out

I spoke with Scott earlier about noon and they were at Walmart of all places with Patty

I'm not a fan of walmart even though I have to go there for some things

Sure was nice of you to lend him your 1500 for a ride, now that is all he is ever going to talk about

Maybe next time

Ray and Tracy

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Year: 1985
Make: Honda
Model: 85 Aspencade
Post imported post

Just as well I didnt ride down to Niagara Falls to meet you guys then, I ended up working on Waynes bike putting the fairing back on after installing new brake lines.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Post imported post

D-Rod and I met Scott & Debbie at Denny's for breakfast. Good food, good company, nice time.

After breakfast, D-Rod led the way to the Moose Lodge and I rode with Scott & Debbie in the car pointing out points of interest for NASSIR - hotels, restaurants, Honda Dealer, Dairy Queen and the lodge.

D-Rod headed off to work and we went to Walmart, then they took me home. I gave them a tour of The Button Factory and sent them on their way. Hope they have a safe trip home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Post imported post

Just got home at about 9 pm. It was a long and tiring trip with just a short shower around Cleveland.
Thank you Bob and Anita for your hospitality and the tour.
Breakfast was an enjoyable experience with Dennis and Patty. Debbie still wants to go to NASSIR so Dennis didn't scare her off with his reputable humor.
Next time will be on the bike, hopefully with Ray & Tracy.

Thanks to all for making a long trip worthwhile.

Scott

Traveling fork rebuilding and motorcycle delivery available.

Fork seal tutorial

86 GL1200 Aspencade
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Model: GL1500
Post imported post

Glad you guys made it home safe and sound........now, when are you gonna get the 1500????

Served 823rd RED HORSE Unit \'83-\'88 USAF
\'Semper Ducimus\'
Red Knights Alabama Chapter 2
"Loyal to our Duty"
PGR Alabama Div.

1983 CX500 Custom
1981 GL1100 Standard
1982 GL1100 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 LTD

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:26 AM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

Hey Scott, did you have any problems at Customswith the rhubarb?

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Post imported post

I think the customs agent was still half asleep. He asked where I was, and how I knew my friends and where I was going.
Easiest border crossing I have made yet.
Have to try again next month.

Scott

Traveling fork rebuilding and motorcycle delivery available.

Fork seal tutorial

86 GL1200 Aspencade
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

scotthohio wrote:
Quote:
He asked where I was,
you tell him at the boarder silly agent

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page