Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trikes

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CaptainMidnight85 
#1 ·
imported post

Do we have a lot of trikers on here? I've always wanted to ride one. I'm in the rv business and Saturday Itraded in a 2008 Goldwing trike on a camper (not for myself but for the business).The trike was garaged a couple hundred miles away so I decided to go there and ride the trike back. I'd never ridden a trike before. Beautiful trike, white, ground effects. I was filled with excitement as every trike owner I have talked with has told me how much I would love a trike if I'd only try one. Wow, were they ever wrong. Boring is the first word that comes to mind. I guess it's nice that you don't have to put your foot down at a stop sign but that wasone boring 200 mile ride. Oh man did I miss my two wheeler. I try to keep an open mind about things, but I just can't see the light. I'm officially a two wheeler snob.

#2 ·
imported post

I've owned two, a Harley on a California chassis and a GL1200 Lehman, and I got the chance to put a couple hundred miles on a new Harley TriGlide.

The GW was a company tradein that I resold after a couple hundred miles, but the Tourglide was one I put a lot of miles on. I just never could understand the return on the investment. I traded it for a sidecar rig and never regretted the decision. The Triglide was purchased new by a neighbor who had never ridden. I had to bring it home for him. It did nothing to change my mind about them.

I know there are people who love their trikes, but I'll take a sidecar any day.

#3 ·
imported post

In a lot of cases physical limitations dictate and
this is a very good way to go. I'm not a trike person "Yet"
but I can see it on the horizon.I'm not the person to speak the pros and cons of a trike,never ridden one.I can understand what you're saying though,the senses are all at work on a Bike and there's nothing like it.I think the singer John Mayer must ride Motorcycles his song "Gravity"
says it.Should I get out the popcorn?

#4 ·
imported post

Oh I don't think you need the popcorn. I'm kind of a "to each his own" kind of guy. I'm just expressing a sense of dissappointment after all the encouragement I'd gotten from my trike acquaintences. Seems like taking the lean through the curves away pretty much takes away the motorcycle. It's kind of like driving a really little convertable car but not as stable. I'll say one thing though, john q public seems to really think trikes are cool. I had people shout out their car windows that I sure had a nice tike. They never do that when I'm on my bike.

#5 ·
imported post

I agree with you bbach , a trike ain't a bike , I found this out at age 6 when I got my first bicycle. Not saying I won't ever get one but it will be because I am no longer able to ride a bike.
Perhaps the sidecar would be a better way to go at that point . I don't care for the reverse trikes either. Ain't nothing like two wheels .
Now you trikers don't get your panties in a wad , ride what you like , so will I . COOL?

#6 ·
imported post

I've never rode one...a motorcycle trike that is. Drove a VW trike a few times, but that is a different animal altogether.

I already know I would draw the same conclusion as you have if I did.

I would do a 2WD Ural though... would keep me going when it snows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.