North Georgia, North Carolina and back to Tenn. Saturday! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

As I pulled out of the driveway at 7:30 Saturday morning the thermometer said 39 degrees. The sky was clear and the air stung my nostrils. Gerbings socks, gloves and jacket kept me toasty on my ride to meet "The Wild Bunch" at the Clinton Hardees. Smokin Joe, our "Leader of the Pack" knows every single road, including cow paths, trails and anything that resembles a road in Tennessee and the states that surround us. He drives a tractor and lowboy trailer fot TVA and hauls machinery everywhere. So.. for almost 300 miles we traveled some beautiful country roads over hills, past dams, following beautiful crystal clear streams thru North Georgia and North Carolina. This group rides hard, pushing their Valkyries thru every wonderful turn stretching them to their limit. My Vulcan would not have been able to match the acceleration and maneuvers these Valks possess. We stopped several times to enjoy the scenery and so Joe and Gordon could smoke. Around 2 o'clock we wound up at Elsie's Resturant in Andrews for some great food! Elsie is an 84 year young Lady that was the most wonderful Hostess I have had the pleasure of meeting! Being the elder of the group, I was tired, and after steak, green beans and fried okra , I was ready for a nap rather than more hard riding. I stayed with the group, riding fourth out of the five riders we had this beautiful day. However, when we started up Deals Gap, realizing I was tired, I slowed my pace and started riding "my ride". Joe, Gordon and Greg attacked the Dragon with a passion and Big Al stayed behind me, which is where he always rides. We passed the Resort and at the top Joe, Gordon and Greg were waiting for us talking with some tourists in their car. We started down the other side and stopped at the overlook for another break. From there I bid farewell to my friends and headed home and they turned onto another backroad for more fun in the mountains. I hope that each of you were able to have as much fun as I didon this beautiful fall day!

Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
Work for tomorrow, live for today.
Live life like you mean it!
American Legion Member
Patriot Guard Rider Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bountyhunter Send a message via MSN to Bountyhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Bountyhunter
Post imported post

What's the 20 on the pictures??:blowing up:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

Nice Bernie!! Wish my day was spent that way! It was indeed a beautiful fall day in Tennessee and I spent most of it cleaning up the patio and back yard. I did sneak in about 25 miles on the bike but that was it. Today looks like more of the same for me but the weather is supposed to be even better than yesterday. Maybe I'll sneak in another ride today too but it won't be a long one...

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Post imported post

our ride wasn't as nice as the mountians but we did take a 60 mile ride for lunch to meet the retreads they are new friends for us.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: 2008 88,000 Miles
Post imported post

Nice way to spend a day.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Model: 1200 aspencade 1985
Post imported post

Bountyhunter wrote:
Quote:
What's the 20 on the pictures??:blowing up:
I guess they forgot their camera,You can relate to that.

Ron
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

You guys know I'm computer illiterate! I have pics and they will eventially find their way to the forum!

Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
American Legion Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

CJ has the pics if he will post them for me! hehehehe!

GL1500 Valkyrie
American Legion Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:39 PM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

Naw, he's probably up in the mountains or back in his hot tub! Too busy enjoying his storybook life with Redto be bothered posting pictures!!!

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 PM

Post imported post

Retreads you say?

"Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly." I don\'t want to change my account name... but I\'m now riding a \'09 GW w/ CSC Trike.

Previously Owned: \'93 Goldwing Trike; \'05 1800ABS ; \'99 GL1500SE Goldwing; \'05 Honda VTX1300R; \'02 Honda Shadow 750 Classic; \'78 CB500; Late 60\'s Triumph 500 & 650.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page