This belongs here... Why flying is like riding a cycle... - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

came across this 'hidden' vid on youtube. An f15 flying low and tight.

It strikes me that its real similar to the type of canyon blasting we do on roads like the dragon.

Just the same! Except its a lot faster

And it costs lots more.

Tell me, though, after watching this that it feels the same, even watching a vid, as riding a twistie road!!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/tB5Kq3RvoSM&feature=player_embedded#at=180&amp ;hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Post imported post

Nice ! Hopefully he does not have to contend with idiots suddenlymaking left turns in front of him .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

I had my own airplane PA-28-180 and enjoyed it but the bike is better. Flying gives you a great view but very little sensation of speed unless hedge-hopping which is illegal and dangerous. Swooping around in VFR conditions is asking for trouble.

Flying is a discipline and one gets satisfaction from doing thing right. Stunting isn't usually on the program.

Keep in mind that video was military. They have their own rules.

Len
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM

Garage
Post imported post

all I got was a blank white square.

It must be a stealth plane and can't see it.

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM

Post imported post

I still own a Cessna Cardinal and can attest to the fact that flying a plane and riding a motorcycle both require constant attention.
I can't explain why, but an hour in the air will flush your mind and tire you out as much as around 3 hours on a bike. That's an hour of maneuvers, not straight and level flying. Straight and level is the equivalent of 1oooonggg straight roads......boring beyond belief.

1995 1500 With a 1995 1500 short block.
Sold the 2008 1800 and kept the 1500 after engine was replaced.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

cardinal wrote:
Quote:
I still own a Cessna Cardinal and can attest to the fact that flying a plane and riding a motorcycle both require constant attention.
I can't explain why, but an hour in the air will flush your mind and tire you out as much as around 3 hours on a bike. That's an hour of maneuvers, not straight and level flying. Straight and level is the equivalent of 1oooonggg straight roads......boring beyond belief.
I've never tried it but aerobatics are supposed to be an incredible workout.

Len
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 03:01 AM

Model: 88 & 95SE 1500's, 82 1100I, 80 1100, etc..
Post imported post

cardinal wrote:
Quote:
Yes, but on the bike you got to watch constantly for fools in cars a trucks cutting you off etc...
In a plane you can just do like the airline pilots, turn on autopilot and play computer games or take a nap, and if you over shoot the airport 100 miles just turn around and come back LOL

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

99 SE 1500, Also riding now, Red ( Second fastest color)
95 SE 1500, riding now, Purple (the fastest color)
88 1500 recovering from deer hit, Phantom Gray (Most expensive color )
82 1100 riding sometimes, Red
Also 80 1100 naked and 86 1200 Interstate, not running yet.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 AM

Post imported post

cardinal wrote:
Quote:
While I was taking lesons, my wife always wondered why I was worn out afterwards.

She got to ride along one day on a cross country and she commented that she now understood why I was worn out......

I do hope to finish and be able to hit the farmland and practice some cropduster turns and low level flying like my dad did for somany years. Shoot just thinking about it make me smile.......

Avatar: Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (Jug)
Gotta love that R-2800 and big ole paddle blade prop.....
I love the smell of 100 octane and oil in the morning.....
Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....
Ride safe and watch your six!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 AM

Post imported post

My bike can't make those 90 degree bank turns and recover.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page