Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   New Tool for the Loaner Program!!!!!!! (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/369006-new-tool-loaner-program.html)

flyboyziel56 05-22-2011 07:29 PM

imported post

1 Attachment(s)
OK I just finished this tool for the 1500's and the 1200's. More will follow in the up coming weeks. I will build within the next few weeks the following: GL 1100, and the GL 1000. I give thanks to Len who brought us the design to begin with. This one will betested and tweaked by m\e in the up coming weeks and when it's finished only then will it be ready to ship out to the forum members.Larry is in need of replacing his front springs so this will be a perfect time to test it out. Each unit will be maintained by me in the event that something breaks. I have approximately 60 plus dollars in each one so please take care of them and enjoy. :readit:

PS the rules for the"Tool loaner Program" still apply for this tool. Thanks Allan:lash::lash::lash::lash::lash::lash:

flyboyziel56 05-22-2011 07:42 PM

imported post

1 Attachment(s)
Almost forgot the most important thing!!!. This tool was built with help ofthe careful hands from my Grandson Andrew. He helped me a lot in thr mill work of the flange plate. So here is a picturemy favorite helper in the world. Thanks so much Andrew!!!!!!

Papa is so proud of you!!!

OnaWingAndaPrayer 05-22-2011 07:51 PM

imported post

Allan , job well done .:clapper:

nobbie 05-22-2011 09:36 PM

imported post

Keep in mind that the stock washers must be replaced for the tool to work. I can turn them out but with my limited shop it's a slow procedure. 34 mm OD with a 3/16" ID.

I know the tool works with the 1500 but doesn't fit the 1800. It may not be needed for the 1800 and I have no idea of the 1200, 1100 or 1000 dimensions or requirements.

Let me know if I can help from this side of the border.

P.S. What size of rod are you using to go through the cap hole?

I used 1/4" so the caps didn't have to be modified unless they didn't have air valves. I never checked the maxmum size and bigger is better.

Dane 05-22-2011 09:45 PM

imported post

Allan and Andrew,

Thank you both for your hard work and generosity in helping us all keep our beloved GoldWings on the road. :action:

Dane:15magenta:

Xzebra 05-23-2011 04:08 AM

imported post

What most folks dont know is Allan &wifeare raisingtheir Autistic grandson Andrew and doing a remarkable job. This little guy loves his "Papa", that was obvious from the first time I met him. Hat's off to Allan for the tool, but an even greater pat on the back for being there for Andrew, it takes special people to take on such a challenge but Allan and wife are perfect for the job.

Chromo 05-23-2011 04:27 AM

imported post

WOW, thanks for building more tools for the loaner program.
Looks like a very nice tool and good work.

I've never done 1500 forks yet, so I am not really sure how that tools works? When you do the testing are you going to take pics and write instructions?

flyboyziel56 05-23-2011 07:40 AM

imported post

Chromo wrote:
Quote:

WOW, thanks for building more tools for the loaner program. Looks like a very nice tool and good work. I've never done 1500 forks yet, so I am not really sure how that tools works? When you do the testing are you going to take pics and write instructions?
WOW!! I never expected this kind of reply from you guys!!. :bow:. Thank You!!!, as for the instructions I'll take photo's with my Nikon and print them off to accompany the tool with a pictorial-step-by-step illustration of how the tool works. This way there is no confusion as tohow it works. :cheesygrin: Larry (Cudo's. You and Steve are truly my best friends. It just sucks we live so far a part. But just like Steve said if we lived closer we might all get on each other nerves to often!! NAWnobbie" I'll remind myself of the washer!!. and the "All thread Rod" I'm useing is a grade 8 3/8 x16TPI. the hole for the schrader valve is 8mm or .3150. the rod is .3750 so I need to shave if off a little but it is a lot stronger for the punishment that I will be expecting. The same goes on this end South of the Boader. If there is anything we can do to help our brothers out just PM me. Again thanks for a fine tool.The other machines have different O.D. on the forks, like the 1800 has a45mmO.D. tube and the 1100 has a 41 or 42 mm tube. I have a chart that showsthe tubes for each bike. :cheesygrin: Thanks Allan AKA Flyboy

flyboyziel56 05-23-2011 07:43 AM

imported post

Sorry guys for some reason it all bunched upafter I reposted it up above????

rideandslidejim 05-23-2011 09:30 AM

imported post

Nice work Allen!

Jim