Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Cool or Not Cool (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/376378-cool-not-cool.html)

NCRider51 09-15-2011 08:50 PM

imported post

I have a 93 that had the PO's Names on it. Took them off and can still see them at the right angle. Is is still cool to have mine and my wife's name on the trunk?
Don't want to be uncool. Bad enough the Harley Guys stopped waving after selling my V star>>>

OnaWingAndaPrayer 09-15-2011 09:16 PM

imported post

NCRider51 wrote:
Quote:

....Bad enough the Harley Guys stopped waving after selling my V star>>>
I cant offer how to get the ghost names off , perhaps someone on here can help with that .

Is it cool or not ? I dont see a problem about it . Its yours and if you want your names on it , I say go for it . This may hide the other names from showing .

If the Harley guys dont want to wave to a fellow rider, I say to heck with them . Its not worth the worry of what they think . You are out on the road enjoying the same breeze they feel . Though your breeze sounds like the whisper of wind thru the pines and theres likely sounds like a full on thunderstorm . :ROFL:

norton 09-15-2011 09:26 PM

imported post

It's all about impressing those harley guys, huh?

Why bother.

The cool thing is to ride your own ride and screw what anyone else thinks.
paint what you want to on it...... it's YOUR bike.

You probably shouldn't look to us to tell you what's cool,
we're just a bunch of old dudes that ride goldwings.

Heck, one of us even wears a thong on his head!

:smiler:

MichiganWing 09-15-2011 09:29 PM

imported post

WWTFD? (what would the fonz do?)

if cool is important

99winger 09-15-2011 09:42 PM

imported post

1 Attachment(s)
Actually I think it's kewl to have your moniker on the bike.... it shows its yours.... but painting your name on it... and the difficulty removing it can lessen it's resale value. Not an issue if your gonna keep it forever and ever.... but we seldom do.

We have found that custom ordered vinyl stickers work much better.

But as one or many have said.... it's yours... do what you want!

CaptainMidnight85 09-15-2011 10:14 PM

imported post

1891 Attachment(s)
Cool? ...Harley Guy's? >>> Come-on, Man! ;)

Iwas out riding around earlier enjoying this beautiful cold, wet weather. There was enough waving going on to know who was enjoying it and who wasn't I suppose.. Let it get cold and wet out... :cool:

I'm comfortable in the stuff myself. So are others. We know who we are. We don't rub it onto nobody who don't want it. They wouldn't understand riding in it by choice anyway. Riding all year long is "cool". Make that happen and you're doing something many of us cannot do and would envy you for doing it.

Can't say much about the name stuff. Not my thing though.

Flyone 09-15-2011 10:20 PM

imported post

norton wrote:
Quote:

It's all about impressing those harley guys, huh?

Why bother.

The cool thing is to ride your own ride and screw what anyone else thinks.
paint what you want to on it...... it's YOUR bike.

You probably shouldn't look to us to tell you what's cool,
we're just a bunch of old dudes that ride goldwings.

Heck, one of us even wears a thong on his head!

:smiler:
:shock::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:But......but....... .I ain't old!! :badgrin:

I do agree withNorton, Just like he said, ride your own ride and who cares what anyone thinks! When they start paying for your bike, then maybe they would have a say. Until you start seeing a check from them..........:raspberry:

peterbilt 09-15-2011 10:26 PM

imported post

yeah i went to look at a bike awhile back that someone had pinstriped their names on it would have been ok it it matched my name and my wifes but it didnt lol

even if you buzz it off you'll still see the lettering 3m makes a cutting compound but i still think at a angle you'll still se the diffrence and the outline of the words maybe cover up the area with a little mural or something like that?

da_bull 09-15-2011 10:30 PM

imported post

My favorite was on the back of a 1200. The left saddle bag said "His", right side said "Hers", and the trunk said "Ours". The bike was black with gold painted pinstriping done very tastefully, and the words in a script that matched the pinstriping well. Looked good to me...

desert wings 09-15-2011 10:35 PM

imported post

I think that it's a lot cooler to get the lady to wear the thong with your initials on itbecuase ther is'nt enough room for your hole name.:cool:But it's your bike cools what makes you happy with it if other people don't like it let them buy the next one bet there input stops.