Reasons to ride, breakfast and good deeds. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Model: 88 & 95SE 1500's, 82 1100I, 80 1100, etc..
Post imported post

Well, I woke up about 3am yesterday,, the weather was nice out, warm/cool night, perfect riding temps!
I jumped on the 1500 about 4am and headed to Branson MO for Breakfast, heck it's only a 300 mile round trip LOL
Should only take about 6-7 hours, WRONG LOL

About 30miles or so I hit some rain and was watching lighting up ahead. Nothing Detours me when I am hungry though!
I hit West Plains Mo and I'm getting some good rain now for a bit, but I need gas so I stop in 24hr wal-mart to grab a gift card and save 10cents a gal.
I come out of Wal-mart and no rain, get gas no rain, so I hit Burger king across street for a snack till real breakfast in another 100 miles!
Still no more rain so off I head for breakfast.

I get to Branson no problem, nice great early morning ride, perfect other than that short hard rain at first. While I'm eating some nice lady is walking around passing out a flier for a Johnny Cash tribute by someone call Jackson Cash, show at 2pm and 4pm free!
Gee I like Johnny Cash, I wonder if the shows any good, figure I'll find out!

Hmm, after breakfast pretty cloudy and some light rain. What the heck, no hurry to get home, only around 9am anyway, and I want to see Jackson Cash at 2pm!
I hit Silver Dollar City for my good deed of the month LOL

I have a seasons pass and about to expire bring a friend free coupon, so I find a nice couple and get one in free and save the other $5 on their ticket.
WOW, it cost them $53 for one ticket! So I saved them $63 total!
Good deed done!
Since I am there anyway and don't cost me nothing I went to 1 show in park and then left.
Getting a little rain off and on while there.
Get out to bike and pretty good rain all the way back to Branson where I stop for coffee at the gas station. Meet a couple new people and a chit chat, get on bike and it pours till I get to the Branson Mall where the Free show is.

I leave the gas station in the rain, not much traffic right there, but OOPS right down the road a bit I hit what may be a 1 hour drive to get a few miles LOL
Knowing the short cuts a bit, I cut through the Jim Stafford theater parking lot to the back road, smooth riding to the mall from there with no traffic!
Jim Stafford by the way has a great show, seen it many times years ago.

WOW, Jackson cash was pretty good! Only about 1 hr show, at 3pm someone else performs. Being I liked the first show of Jacksons I sat through the 3pm show which was good also so I could see Jacksons second show. Kinda a first half at 2pm and second half at 4pm, not both the same show.
If you like Johnny Cash as much as I do, you gotta see Jackson Cash if you get a chance!
As close to Johnny as your going to get I bet!
Not only does he sing well, he was funny also with some light sided humor.
Jackson had just got married Sunday and his wife sings the June Carter parts in some songs. She is very talented as well and did a Nancy Sinatra solo, These Boots are made for walking, very good indeed. Both are great top notch performers and it's hard to believe they are performing free, tips only and CD sales.
While talking to Jackson after the show he gave me a free CD. I did not ask for one, we were just talking and I mentioned I just rode over for breakfast and had gotten one of his fliers so stayed to see the show.
Jackson Cash is top notch, I mean he cares about the people as well as his show and puts out every effort to please the people!
Working on tips only and CD sales, he does not push for money! As a matter of fact one of the things I am most impressed by is the way he says he wants folks to have fun be happy and so many shows costs so much many people can't afford a good time once they get there. Jackson says right there when mentioning he's working on tips and sales only, that if people are kinda broke and having a rough time, unable to get something to take home for the kids or them selves just mention it after the show to him and he'll give you a free CD or T-shirt. He says such in a nice way and is sincere about it.
There was a larger woman in a mobility scooter there during the second show I think it was. She had been there before, he did not have a shirt in her size at that time, he had one in yesterday in her size special for her and mentioned it was there. During a song she went over to get the shirt and he waved at his friend at the cd shirt table and quickly said no charge for her shirt.
Having done many show reviews in Branson and other places, and having met so many great artists, I can honestly say in many ways I am most impressed by Jackson Cash!
Not only was his show great, he sounds like Johnny, but also a great person at heart also.

Well, back to the ride which is what I started off about. So after watching the shows I headed home. It was a bit cool leaving Branson but still daylight and not bad.
It got dark not far away and the temperature dropped a bit and was wet out.
I saw a few deer, mostly on side of road and they looked at me odd as I rode by, thank goodness I did not spook them with some odd device like a Deer call, whistle, spooker LOL
Of about 1 dozen I seen in about 150 miles, NONE ran out in front of me! I did have to slow for 2 that were in the road standing, but that is why we ride in our abilities right!
Around here could as easily been throwed tire casings or lost trailer loading ramps! Ya, I almost hit a ramp once laying in the middle of a road that bounced off some trailer!

OOPS, I forgot, the heavy shirt jacket I carry for colder weather got wet and moldy in a leaky side bad so was taken out!
My long sleeved red shirt and a plastic rain jacket was not cutting it too well, so after about 80 miles I got to Wal-mart and ready to buy a new heavy shirt. 55 degrees out and Wal-mart MAY have the heavy shirts in sometime NEXT MONTH but they have had Halloween stuff now for at least 2 weeks already!!! Never trust WAL-MART to sell anything when needed! Well at least on the bright side they were open 24hrs so it gave me a place to warm up a little while looking for stuff they don't sell yet!

So, back on the road, 55 degrees, 65mph, wet air, wind chill about 35 or so, thank you wal-mart! I may get warm in another couple hours from last nights ride

If your around the area or visiting Branson from a far away place, I recomend going to the Branson Mall and seeing some of the free shows, lots of good talent there. If you can see Jackson Cash I highly recommend his show!

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

99 SE 1500, Also riding now, Red ( Second fastest color)
95 SE 1500, riding now, Purple (the fastest color)
88 1500 recovering from deer hit, Phantom Gray (Most expensive color )
82 1100 riding sometimes, Red
Also 80 1100 naked and 86 1200 Interstate, not running yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 AM

Garage
Post imported post

Awesome recap of what sounds like a great day!!This Jackson Cash sounds like a class act. Will have to keep my eye and ear out for him.

Thanks again for the write up.

ESSAYONS!!!
Darksider #1288
Previously Owned:
\'70 Honda 50 mini trail bike
\'75 Can Am 175 TNT
\'77 Yamaha XS750
\'77 Kawasaki KE250
\'88 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
\'83 Honda VT750 Shadow
\'89 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
\'02 Honda GL1800 (current ride)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: 2008 90,000 Miles
Post imported post

Excellent day of riding, listening to music and socializing. Great story to fill a days time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Branson can be allot of fun and not so expensive sometimes.
The free shows in Branson Mall are a bit less than 1hr each all day long by various artists.
Other than what we may choose to spend on CD's, Shirts, or tips the shows are free.

It cost me about $25 for gas for the ride total 300 miles, and $6 for an all I could eat breakfast.
I was going to ride somewhere and eat anyway just to ride, so Branson is a good ride for me to take!

Since it's only about 50 miles from Eureka Springs AR, about 100 mile round trip, those arriving early, leaving late, or just want to relax and not ride much one day, this would be a good place to visit.

A nice country back road ride to and from.
Actually the Browns Ferry route goes through edge of Branson also, so if extra time it'd be a nice detour.
With NASSIR 5 and ES8 both in ES next year it's something to think about.

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Year: 2004
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Post imported post

Chromo, Sounds like you had a great time. You are talking about the mall with the walmart in it right? I know where that's at and in fact I have stayed at a place not too far away from there. There's some great wineries there and lots of stuff to do on the cheap, you just have to look for them. Dixie Stampede is a great show with great food (I've been more than a few times). The magnificent 7 is great too. There's lots of mini golf there if your into that, and riding the ducks can be a great time. I like walking down on the waterfront and just window shopping too, but there's nothing like going for a swim in one of the many rivers and creeks around there. LOL, I have a few family members that live in Branson, one even works in the Walmart in that mall. The entertainment there is wonderful and just walking around to look is fun. I'll have to message you when I'm there next time.

There really is nothing like riding on a wing.

Total Bike Miles: 106,000+ wing miles and counting.
Current rides: 04 GL1800 (my baby), 14 Yamaha Star Bolt
Previous Rides:
1980 Suzuki GS1000, USS Louisiana Gold (SSBN 743)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Yep, that's the Mall, next to Wal-mart.
By all means if your in the area around here/Branson give me a yell. If I am here we'll meet up over there!

It's a nice ride over, but you know you ride alone the same roads just for breakfast so many times and it can get a bit old LOL
Not too old for me yet, but then the year ain't over yet LOL

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM

Post imported post

Nice write-up Chromo.

Tom, GL1800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Year: 2004
Post imported post

Ya, I know how you feel on that. The same roads back and forth to work which happen to be the same roads that I take when we go shopping, etc. There's still plenty of good riding weather in my area though. I love the twisties in the branson/lake of the ozarks area and the scenery is very beautiful. Branson is actually where I took my wife for our honeymoon. I love how the fog just hangs low in the valleys in the mornings, I can remember riding on the back of my uncle's Harley one mid summer morning going to his work. Everything was so still and peaceful. Going up over the hills and you can see over the fog that your about to drive into. Did I mention it's very beautiful. The road hazards are kind of entertaining too. Frogs, turtles, armadillo, deer, skunks, opossums, and fox just to name a few. I will definitely look you up the next time I'm there. I'd be willing to drive to Thayer too if you have a coffee shop or DQ, LOL. Even just to see the scenery. I think we might be going through that area some time next summer to visit my family there and to visit family in Kansas. It's not set in stone yet though so I can't say for sure. Oh, and if you go to that Walmart and see a short blondish haired woman named Debby working there tell her Adam says Hi. She's my aunt.

There really is nothing like riding on a wing.

Total Bike Miles: 106,000+ wing miles and counting.
Current rides: 04 GL1800 (my baby), 14 Yamaha Star Bolt
Previous Rides:
1980 Suzuki GS1000, USS Louisiana Gold (SSBN 743)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
1984 GL1200 Interstate

Year: 1984
Model: GL1200 Interstate
Post imported post

"but they have had Halloween stuff now for at least 2 weeks already!!!"

I just had a mental picture of a guy in a brand new WalMart gorilla costume riding a GoldWing in the rain. I better put my drink down.

CrabbyJack
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page