Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   I must really like HONDAS. (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/378046-i-must-really-like-hondas.html)

aynrand 10-20-2011 07:03 PM

imported post

I am a new owner of a 1977 Gl1000. Black and Blue. 44,000 Miles. Near perfect. New tires , tune , time belt , fluids, hoses etc... Ready for another 35 years. Plexi fairing and ST. Tour pack. Daily driver, Grocery getter, Work truck...
I am also a Harley guy, had every model for the last 20 years. Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and a few Oddballs.
I have been riding for 40 years, almost every day. My first real bike was a Honda 50cc. At one point years ago I counted the bikes I have owned and I Could not believe I had gone thru 100 motorcycles.
Now years later and compulsive behavior , Multi bike syndrome, I have had over 150 bikes. Sometimes as many as ten at a time. My wife thinks I have a problem. My only problem is I can't afford and dont have the room to keep them all.
I love them all. Well the point is I made a list of all the bikes, I thought for sure the Harley would be #1. NO, HONDA is #1 in my history. 55 Hondas. the oldest a 64 Dream and the newest an 06 ST. In between almost every CC and almost every model.
CB. CL. SX. Super Hawks, Valkyrie, Wings, Shadows, VFR, on and on. 50,100,175,250,305,350,450,500,650,700,750,900,100 0,1200,1500. Man Honda makes it all. Generators, mowers, autos. I LOVE Honda.
Just thought I would share, every one has a memory. I have NEVER been left on the side of the road on a Honda except for a flat tire or 3 or 4.
I hope I am not the only nut so I thought I would like to hear from others that have an extensive Honda History. Randayn

OldSchool_IsCool 10-20-2011 07:48 PM

imported post

47 Attachment(s)
Ur not the only Honda nut!

Here are my Hondas, and I still own them all!

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/b42d6993.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...k/03f2f410.jpg

And welcome to the madness!

pcfix_3 10-20-2011 07:57 PM

imported post

So far, my wing is the only bike that I've had for more than a year, but I've only had 2 bikes so... Otherwise, I'm a JAP auto fan. I love Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, and so on. In my experience they make better cars/motorcycles/power tools, etc. I'm not entirely sold on their trucks but they are still nice. I've had 2 Fords and I've worked on just about every type of common car and it's even easier to work on the Jap cars. lol.

djoyner 10-21-2011 07:11 AM

imported post

I've only owned four motorcyles in my life (3 of the 4 I still have) and they all have been Honda's.

jwhitmore44 10-21-2011 09:38 AM

imported post

Sounds like a fun game, lets see Bridgestone, Yamaha, Honda, Yamaha, Honda, Yamaha, Yamaha, Yamaha, Honda, BMW, Honda, Yamaha, Honda, and Honda. This doesn't include the kid's bikes that we went through :) Looks like I have a tie between Yamaha and Honda, although there was only 1 Yamaha street bike compared to 3 Honda street bikes. My final count is 3 Hondas that I still own. I'll probably get rid of one Honda come next spring (the shaddow) and don't know what I will replace it with if I do. If I needed to replace the Wing I'm not sure I would pick another Wing, although I have no complaints and love the bike. The only reason not to go with a Wing is to just be able to ride something different.

Honda make great bikes (and their other small engines are good too). I'm sure their 4 wheeled vehicles are ok but never been impressed by any of them. I am basically a cheapskate and that's why older Hondas appeal to me. What other motorcycle just keeps plugging along with basic maintenance. I don't think I ever had a Honda I wore out. Well the XR400 blew up on me but the previous owner beat the crap out of it before I got it. It gave me a couple years of great service before it died.

wodam 10-21-2011 02:32 PM

imported post

Let's see. Honda, Cz, Bultaco, Maico, Honda, Sazuki, Yamaha, Matchless, Ducati (seven bike race stable), Honda, Norton, Norton, Honda, Honda, Moto Guzzi, Rupp (Centurion Trike thing), Triumph, Norton, Bsa, Norton, Kawasaki, Kawazaki, Harley, Harley, Harleyb (servi-car), Yamaha, Kawazaki, honda, honda, honda, honda, honda.
I think that's all. Moight have been one of those Montgomery wards Puchs in there too.
Oh yea and a Vincent and and an AJS. There was an Arial Square Four, but I never rode it, I just traded it for one of the harleys.

SidecarMike 10-21-2011 08:30 PM

imported post

Harley,Triumph, Harley, Harley, Harley, BMW, Harley, Ariel, Harley, Harley, Harley, Honda, Honda, Harley, Ducati, Honda, Honda, Honda, Yamaha, Yamaha, Yamaha, Harley,Honda, Moto Guzzi, Honda, Honda, Honda, Yamaha, Honda.

saywen 10-22-2011 03:32 AM

imported post

with the exception of 2 gsx750 , all of my bikes have been honda . 14 in all .:cool:

schmidtap 10-22-2011 04:29 AM

imported post

:ROFL: The snowblower was a nice touch