Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Bike Pictures thread-pictures only please

199K views 842 replies 246 participants last post by  Shooter 
#1 ·
imported post

I just got this idea about a follow up from one of the most inspiring threads I ever read, the "Open Road Pictures", as well as the "Where am I" thread. But as we all know, and love, on this forum we need a Goldwing to get there. These bikes comes in so many forms, colors, wheel combinations, and years, that I thought a dedicated thread of pictures of the bikes would be appropriate. It does not have to be your bike, or your buddies bike, as long as it is a Wing/Valk/Rune.... Like mentioned before, lets not fill up the server, but rather upload small pictures from your gallery. No text, pictures only:

See less See more
#227 ·
imported post

Thanks Gents. It's a good thing the sun doesn't shine all the time here, or we'd get very crowded very quickly. :cheesygrin: I feel blessed to be able to live here.

John

#228 ·
imported post

My localChapter of our Riding g\Group held a poker run yesterday to benefita local nursing home we have adopted as our charity target. I was manning the 1st road stop and took a photo of some of the bikes as they came through. ......

#234 ·
imported post

My Wing:1994 Aspencade

Attachments

#236 ·
imported post

Sold my KZ1100, first thing I've sold in my life I instantly regretted. Got my asking price, doubled my money on it, including parts time and probably gasoline spent on it as well.
Guy who bought it didn't even haggle, got out, walked around said dam, pulled a roll of cash out and said "wheres the title, can I ride it?" He drove 80 miles one way to "look" at it.

Well, I can park the wing in the garage, and focus on that.
New taller wrap around windshield arrives today. Need to figure out what grips to replace the old ones with, consider having the seat 'redone' with gel inserts or simply buy a new one and hope the color is close. Going to immediately start on the lights replacing them with LED's where possible. The rest of this 1200 are pretty much done...leaving me with little to obsess with short of a couple of tiny things...I may WELL go kick it over to break it in!!

s'long old kawi

#239 ·
imported post

I am going to get a speeding ticket in the Wing.......this thing is as 'the same' at 60 as it is at 90..

Ran a total of 250 miles out and back.
(Iron Pony in Columbus)
That place..is...amazing...I only spent two hours shopping, didn't see half of it, and blew 600 bucks..wth...got a great 3 season riding jacket, a shoei helmet, couple of t shirts, new grips, gloves, and other stuff I cant recall right now.
They also offer a full service shop, oil changes in 30 minutes, tires, brakes, all quite reasonably priced.......AND........"oh, would you like some coffee? please go INSIDE (you poor *******) and mill about while we fix your bike" It is one hell of an operation.

The new hi-viz jacket is...SO hi-viz, I'm getting double takes- the glowing green glare off the inside of the windshield might present a problem...
I stole that Shoei helmet- brand new, in box, discontinued color (guess caterpillar yellow is low-demand, but fits my hi-viz thinking) for.....239.. Yup, couldn't resist for that, wanted modular and bluetooth, and was ready to spend around 300-350ish..but..nice helmet, dead quiet, 8 hole vents that work, two shields gray and clear..its awesome. And of all the XXL's I put on my brain box, thee most comfortable.

So, on topic, I spotted this weird thing, and turned around drove up that treacherous ass loose gravel road to take the pic, and nearly dumped it!
Is it me....or does does that horse have the same paint job my bike does??

Un-retouched photo, no flash, middle of the day, fairly bright out- amazing