Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket radios

666 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bcassel 
#1 ·
imported post

Has anyone on here dealt with the aftermarket radio/mp3/alarm setups on eBay? Their prices are pretty good, and while they don't look extremely high-end, I'm wondering if they work very well.
I've got an '81 GL1100I, and want to add a radio & MP3 player, but don't want to use a car-sized 'in-dash' stereo. From my research, the best I could find are these generic Chinese imports on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item20c5181001&vxp=mtr is the one I'm the most interested in. I'm planning the route the sound into my headset, so the speakers really don't matter to me.
If you've used something else similar, I'd also love to hear about that.
Thanks!

#3 ·
imported post

Do you currently have a stereo in the fairing? Or just looking for something to add to the bike. If you already have a stock stereo Dual makes am/fm mp3 stereos without cd's and are small enough to fit in place.

#4 ·
imported post

I had a vey similar unit in my 1100i for about a year. Not enough power to the speaker. They only run 4 watts rms per channel. I haa
D to decide on a new radio/USB/sd player or put an amp in line. I went with the new Boss Audio solid state. 50 wts rms per each of 4channels. I can hear it now, most of the time

#5 ·
imported post

I don't have anything in it right now. The last owner had an old peg-style inside the left pocket in the fairing, but took it out before I bought it. I'd kind of like to get the fairing pocket back, so I'm looking to add something small that could mount on the fairing, in about the place where the stock radio would mount. It's going to be next to a GPS and possibly a radar detector, so I'm looking to get something small to avoid crowding. As I said above, volume doesn't matter too much, as I'm just planning to wire it into my headset system. I'm an electronics repairman, so wiring it up to my system doesn't bother me.

#6 ·
imported post

I'll sell you my old system if you want. Check my photos of the installation in the photo gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.