reupholstered my corbin saddle - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
New Guy

Post imported post

several months ago i bought an '03 1800 w/10,650 miles on it. it came with a heated corbin saddle that was finished in their carbon fiber vinyl weave. although the mileage on the saddle was relatively low (~9k miles), the material @ the rear of the drivers saddle was wearing away. the saddle had a driver's back rest that was fairly narrow so the edges poked me in the shoulder blades. not conducive to comfortable rides.

i headed down to corbin last fri and had them reupholster the saddle in leather and replace the back rest with a broader, more comfortable rest. as you can see, they did a nice job and, as usual for them, they were only interested in producing a great product that was exactly what i asked for. attached is a photo of their finished work.

Attached Images
File Type: png corbin3.png (307.2 KB, 105 views)

Education is never as expensive as ignorance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Senior Smart Aleck

Model: 97 GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Very Nice

1984 Aspencade/24000 miles
1997 Aspencade/ 54500 miles

Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Willin and the Creek Don\'t Rise!!

Darksider #1409
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Patriot Guard Rider

Honorary Rhino

GWRRA

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (or whatever it was), downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

JACK WHITE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 04:14 AM

Garage
Post imported post

That is one beautiful seat. I have a Corbin on my Chopper, it is a great seat, and they did a fantastic job on it.

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
New Guy

Post imported post

thx, guys.

i neglected to mention in my original post that the task took a couple of hours longer than corbin had intended (they seemed to be overloaded on ordered product work vs appt/walk-in) and when i went to pay for it, there was no charge for the backrest. i asked why and he said, "we're sorry you had to wait ....".

wow, completely unexpected (especially since we never discussed timing / wait period before then.)

when i ride down that way 2 weeks from now i'm taking him a carton of our jams / jellies / honey from our gardens / hives.

another point worth mentioning:

mine was the only gl there. couple of bmw's with owners who clearly distance tour on them, a suzuki-something sport tourer - the guy had ridden down from idaho, and a brand-spanking new harley BIG DOG kinda bike in bright harley orange ... a guy and his wife.

i enjoyed talking scooters / touring / life with all of them but especially enjoyed the harley guy and his wife.

he's an army major, just 3 weeks home from afghanistan. army for 24 years, originally enlisted, finished his bachelors while enlisted, moved to officer and is in the middle of his master's. he loves what he does and his wife has enjoyed being a military wife - they've lived around the world - and they expect to retire from army in 6 years +/-.

i really enjoyed hanging out with other scooter people - i tend to ride alone or with selected friends - and hearing their views about their scooters, touring and life.

overall, a wonderful day @ corbin - and i got my saddle reupholstered, too!

Education is never as expensive as ignorance.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page