Important news on the future of goldwingfacts.com - Page 18 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Still Learning

Model: 2008 GL1800 Level 4
Garage
Post imported post

WOW! Just read this Steve and all. Been out working this month so away from computer but on with the phone web so been limited and hadn't checked the general forum much.
Well done Steve. Sounds right for all. Thanks bro.

Stu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

John 14:6 Psalm 118:19-29
CMA Wings of Eagles-Escondido, Patriot Guard Ryder
+2008 Cabernet Red ABS/Airbag bought 6/2013 @16,000
+1983 ASPENCADE Barn find @36,000 to be sold
+1976 CB750K6 @25,000 was Dad's
Previous bikes
-1999 GL1500 ASPENCADE Red Sold barn find restored
-1999 GL1500 SE(@57k)(totaled by cagger @105,000) Feb 2013
-76 CB750K Red(new) sold @ 45k
-75 CB750K Blue(new) 9,000 mi Before cousin totaled it.
74 CB450 Burnt Orange(new) 9,000 miles sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 PM

Model: 861200 I
Send a message via Yahoo to Richardrwg
Post imported post

There is that old expression, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, change is a constant, a necessary constant, it is needed for healthy growth. I will admit to a bit of trepidation over the change of hands. Let's face it, Steve has pretty much catered to all out needs and we've become a bit spoiled.

But, bearing that thought in mind, I can't believe that Steve would do this without assuring the best for the site first. And I have no doubt the amount of time and energy that maintaining this site drains.

It's your baby Steve, we're here enjoying the ride. If you feel this is best for the site AND FOR YOU, then it's the right thing.

Thanks for creating this place for us.

Just because you\'re a paranoid doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you.

Patriot Guard Riders - Standing for those who stood for us.
If you\'re not a member, be a member.
post #173 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Nobody

Post imported post

The forum seems to have slowed down again...especially today.

Anyone else notice this? It was running sooo fast!

2005 GL1800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Senior Something

Year: 1979
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1000
Garage
Post imported post

Yep, same here.

Happy Trails

My pic's

post #175 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #176 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Post imported post

Well now an hour later it is it's old speedy self. When I clicked on my link, it can up within a second.:bad grin:

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

(women only)
post #177 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Senior Something

Year: 1979
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1000
Garage
Post imported post

Next time it is slow I'll see just how many people are on at that time. 700 right now listed.

Happy Trails

My pic's

post #178 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 PM

Model: 1989 GL1500, 1982 GL1100
Garage
Post imported post

Steve,

I bought my first wing almost 6 years ago. I stumbled upon this community about the same time. This site has given me huge support, help and confidence in learning how to maintain, repair and enjoy my wing.

Motorcycling is my passion and this site has become an integral part of my motorcycling experience. Thank you Steve for creating it, and the moderators who make it possible and for all the members who make it the fine place that it is.

I realize that the site isn't going anywhere and that Steve and the mods are still going to be around, but I suspect that this is a significant landmark in the history of this site. Where it goes from here, time will tell.

Steve, I am proud to have met you and Dylan at Nassir 3. You have contributed hugely to the motorcycling community through this website. You have also created a special place where we were given the opportunity to help through the occasional fundraiser. You have touched many lives and helped make the world a better place.

I think this change was inevitable. I am sure it was a tough decision. You have much to be proud of. Well done and again, thank you.

Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer. George Santayana.
post #179 of 180 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 AM

Post imported post

Haven't been on in a while and my was kind of scared to open this post. This forum has pulled me out of more then one problem on my wing with the past information and the current knowledge of the group.

Steve, take the much needed break.
Marco, welcome to the family.

James

Never ride faster then your guardian angle can fly.

Current Bikes
1974 Honda CB550, 40000 Miles.
1980 GL1100 Interstate, 102789 KM when purchased.
post #180 of 180 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Senior Guru

Post imported post

Congratulations on your retirement as full administrator of this site Steve. I know full well how much effort and time that goes into running a web forum and I find it incredible how much one must be involved ina motorcycle forumwebsite to keep it functioning properly and to keep up with the demands that members place on an admineven thoughmy site is a much smaller site than this one.

I want to personally thank you for asking me to be the very first Guru on this site. At that time it really meant a lot to me to hear you say how much I helped this site in the beginning and to know that I was appreciated so much here at this forum. It was sharing my knowledge and experience, here,with Gold Wing folks that prompted me to start http://www.gl1200goldwings.com and I have never looked back since then, although, I have been back here many times to visit and more importantly, you came over to my site to join as a member to support and encourage me. This is characteristic of the person you are and have always have been here at this site, fair, honest and supportive and always willing to make things right.

May your retirement as full admin be joyful and stress free Steve and it is my hope that this site continues to grow and blossom because it is and always has been a wonderful place to be if you own a Gold Wing motorcycle.

Take care and enjoy your newfreedom and extra timeSteve.

Sincerest regards, Vic Belanger

A place for GL1200\'s to gather.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page