Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trikes

522 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CrystalPistol 
#1 ·
imported post

I see many nice trikes on the forum and I always wonder what it's like to drive one. How aggressively can you take one into a corner? Are they easy to tip over? Etc. just curious.

#2 ·
imported post

With rear shocks pumped up and handlebars gripped pull push they can be hustled pretty quick throu the twisties to the point of front tyre sliding and squealing....

Once you've mastered the different handling to a bike you'll back off the throttle way before you'll lift the rear...Had mine on race track and never lifted rear althou arms were pumped up hustling it throu the hairpins.

#3 ·
imported post

As for the ride, they are completely different.

You ride ON a 2-wheeled motorcycle, whereas you ride IN a trike.

That statement needs some explanation, I know. Here it is:

On a motorcyle, you are one with the bike, your mass and the bike's mass are one and move together through turns, etc.

On a trike, you will feel more like you are riding IN it, similar to a car, mainly because of the side-to-side tossing effect on your body when going around turns and over bumps, etc.

This difference will be immediately obvious to you on your first trike ride, as it was for my wife and I when we had our first ride on one. Definitely not the same ride.

That said, when my bad right hip finally gives out, I'll be more than happy to ride a trike rather than to give up motorcycling all together!

#5 ·
imported post

Yep I agree with beenshot! I can take curves just as fast with a 2008 GL-1800 CSC Cobra Trike as I can with my old 2002 GL-1800. It is a different feel and you need to practice but you have to with the two wheeler too!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.