Modular helmet on sale 1/2 price - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Cycle gear has their house brand (BILT) modular helmets on for 1/2 price right now. Their regular price is pretty cheap already, but now at $69.99 they are an outstanding value, if you like them and ifthey fit your head type. Just passing on the info. I have no affiliation with Cyclegear.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 AM

Post imported post

PURE JUNK at any price, IMHO. The latching system is a plastic hook on plastic posts. I looked at them for my grand daughter & passed. My $00.02....-Rich
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Trike Master

Model: 06 levelIII/Hannigan
Post imported post

First, thanks for the post. We all look for deals!
Unfortunately, IMHO, this helmet is not worth that cost at any price.
Having read several reviews, via I-net search, my conclusion is I would not buy this helmet!
YMMV!
Usually when a price cut of this magnitude occurs, the reason is the product is not moving or there have many complaints/problems/returns. Minimal padding also suggests minimal protection to me+excess wind noise. DOT approval w/no Snell rating is always a deal stopper for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

I've never had one or even tried them on or looked at them in the store. I have a friend that bought one and loves it, but I didn't talk to him about the features or how it's made so was unaware of the latch mechanism. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it was metal but can't say that for sure. I just read some of the reviews on it and none of them mentioned the latch mechanism but did mention other issues, primarily that when you open the flip up it partially obstructs your view because it doesn't open far enough. Based on the report of the plastic mechanism and the obstructed view with the flip open I would not recommend one of these either.

John

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Year: 1999, 2014
Model: GL1500, GL1800
Post imported post

As I say this, I fully understand there are exceptions to the rule, but I believe you generally get what you pay for. And when it comes to safety, not sure I would try to save money. Walmart is Walmart no matter how you look at it.

May we never forget our Fallen Hero's nor those special Angels among us.

Tim
GL1500
1SG Iowa Army National Guard
Iowa Patriot Guard
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page