Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe, just maybe.....

446 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jobe05 
#1 ·
imported post

I ran into a former student yesterday... he's a high-energy guy who ran a mountain guide service on Aconcagua for years. He's buying a KLR and wants to ride to Tierra Del Fuego a year from November. He invited me to go.

Maybe, just maybe...the penultimate bucket list ride is on...

Maybe, just maybe....

#2 ·
imported post

IMHO If there is no reason to keep you from doing this, then you should do it. I'm not a big believer in the BUCKET LIST idea, however, I am a firm believer that if you don't, you may regret it. It's one of those ' you wont' know if you liked it or not, till you've done it' things.

Furthermore, what better stories could you tell when it was all said and done?:?

#3 ·
imported post

If I'm not mistaking isn't Tierra Del Fuego an Island in the southern end of South America? That would be a heck of a trip leaving from Washington.

Many trials and miles of fun and adventure.:action:

#4 ·
imported post

If it's an island, they would have to cross at low tide....

:D

#6 ·
imported post

I've read about a gent from Serbia that plans to ride his early 80's CB650 from Point Barrow, Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego this fall. I haven't checked back to see if he's actually going to do it or if it was just dreaming.

#7 ·
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
It is on the Southern tip of South America and I want to go!

Dubs

I told CJ if he was going, he had to have someone to go with him. This is a perfect opportunity for him to go! In fact, it's a perfect opportunity for you as well! You will be retired by then and Lois could come here and stay with me. I will take care of her and you could watch out for CJ!! ;) What a GREAT plan!!! Think about it!!

Red :applause:

#8 ·
imported post

Google up Lois Pryce, a 4'9" girl from London, who shipped her Yamaha Serro 225cc to Anchorage...... and who rode her little bike to the tip of South America!

Her only weapon? A fake wedding ring! Which she used once at a barricade manned by bandits. She twisted the ring, and tearfully muttered, "mi espousa, mi espousa!" And the bandits let her through! Good on the bandits, and good on her!

Balls of iron, Lois.....all 4'9" of her!

#9 ·
imported post

I would like to motion to a vote that the Steve Saunders Goldwimg Forum start taking donations so our representative, cousin Jack AKA CJ .... AKA Mel, can achieve, for all of us, the endeavor of a lifetime, with daily pictures posted on the forum.

Respectfully sumbitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.