Can someone tell me the difference (baker air wings) - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Year: 1996
Make: Goldwing SE
Model: 1996 GL1500SE
Garage
Post imported post

I had the Show Chrome and loved them didn't notice any heat comming in from the vents and they always stayed where I put them. In the winter they really block the cold airand they were pretty easy to install. I will admit that the Bakers look like they areeasier to adjust fine tune the air comming in the plastic becomming brittle tome seems to be a minus on the slate. I think it all comes down to the color if charcol or clear and $69.00 works for you go for it if the color of your bike and$150.00 is what you want go for it....

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

Always look for the door "C" it may be hidden but there is always one there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Model: 2000 SE
Send a message via AIM to Hocky
Post imported post

my 2c worth
+1 on Baker Air Wings. Had those on my 96' GW worked great. On my 2000 SE I put 1 pc cheaper set, not so good. The Bakers fit farther away from the tupperware so greater angle= much more air. wish I could afford the Bakers again. Like to trade + $$ on smoke or green Bakers
Mine are 1 month old.

Ron Hocky
2000 Gold Wing SE
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 PM

Model: 2010 1800
The only company that makes thick panels for all their wings is
windwings. Net. Their stainless steel doesn't rust or Pitt and they will replace for free any panel you break
by hand .they use three panels on the sides to fully control the heat and air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Model: 2007 Gl1800 HPN
I use the Baker Bilt AirWings (PRE new &improved plastic) and have had no problems with discoloration or becoming brittle. Mine are clear. I at one time did something or another to them that severely abraded them. As a last ditch effort to keep it on the cheap rather than replace them I refinished them using a rainex headlight restoration kit bought at the auto parts store. Worked incredibly well !

Shiny Side Up !
Jim
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 09:45 AM

Model: 1998 SE SOLD But Not Forgotten!
I have an oversize ShowChrome windshield that affords a bit more wind protection...but even before installing it, I never really thought about needing to deflect air away from any part of me, at least down to 25*F. But, I do use grip heaters and an electric chest warmer if it gets cold enough.

I designed some wings though that attach to the top corners of the windshield to allow me to direct air to my face and chest as wanted in warm/hot weather. When I ordered the windshield I got some bum info from Wingstuff regarding being able to reuse my factory vent, which as it turned out, you can't do with this window.

Dan & Jo Ann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The journey IS the destination .
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page