Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Videos of Trip M119 Oct 2012 (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/392871-videos-trip-m119-oct-2012-a.html)

Nohands 08-23-2012 05:31 PM

imported post

OldSchool_IsCool 08-24-2012 04:38 PM

imported post

47 Attachment(s)
I gotta get up there and ride that myself some day!! Thx for sharing and welcome to the forum!

SCB 08-25-2012 10:25 PM

imported post

Welcome Nohands. My wife and I took the ride last October, only in the opposite direction. We rode up from Grand Rapids on a Friday night, stayed in Pellston and Saturday morning took Levering Road over to Cross Village at the North End in the morning. This ended up being a mistake as we wanted to eat at the Leggs Inn but it doesn't open for breakfast.

Even though we ran the Tunnel south, I was surprised how many spots I recognized. Unfortunately the front-mounted camera doesn't show much of the stunning Lake Michigan shoreline.

Just curious, was this taken with a GoPro?

Steve

SCB 08-25-2012 10:29 PM

imported post

Silly double-post....

Nohands 08-26-2012 11:06 PM

imported post

SCB wrote:
Quote:

Welcome Nohands. My wife and I took the ride last October, only in the opposite direction. We rode up from Grand Rapids on a Friday night, stayed in Pellston and Saturday morning took Levering Road over to Cross Village at the North End in the morning. This ended up being a mistake as we wanted to eat at the Leggs Inn but it doesn't open for breakfast. We did stop at store in Good Hart to check out the much touted but somewhat disappointing baked goods.

Even though we ran the Tunnel south, I was surprised how many spots I recognized. Unfortunately the front-mounted camera doesn't show much of the stunning Lake Michigan shoreline.

Just curious, was this taken with a GoPro?

Steve
Yes I used a GoPro hero I borrowed from a friend at work. I mounted it on right mirror housing.

I had not been to M119 since my early teens some 35 years ago and it seemed to me to have more housing and less trees as I recall, but we all know hoe memories are :sad:

AZwngr 08-28-2012 04:00 AM

imported post

Thanks for sharing. Do you have pictures of how to mount it?
Go Pro sure takes a clear video!
Enjoyed it!
gene

Nohands 08-28-2012 06:59 AM

imported post

Azwngr wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for sharing. Do you have pictures of how to mount it?
Go Pro sure takes a clear video!
Enjoyed it!
gene
Yes, as soon as I get it again I will show how I mounted it. Will probably have it for the ride in Oct. to the Dragon