Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   It's been fun. (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/395598-its-been-fun.html)

exavid 10-24-2012 08:05 PM

It's been fun.

My garage seems empty, there's no Goldwing there anymore. The 1800 has been sold. After over 200,000 miles on Goldwings there comes a time when I need to give up some things and that time has come for me. It's been fun and I've met a lot of great folks at the Calhoun, Montrose and Port Orchard NASSIR get togethers and three of the Moquito Roundups here in the NW.
I'll still be checking in here to see if I can be of any help to anyone and to see how things are going for Saunders forum friends.
I'm thinking of downsizing to another Silverwing scooter. As it turned out I should have kept the one I had a little longer but operating crystal balls are hard to come by.

Cousin Jack 10-24-2012 08:13 PM

Well, we'd all be the poorer for it, should you go away...... Also, you're a helluva rider (or at least you were back at Nassir 2), and I see no reason for you quitting other than you are just bored with it.....

Regardless, a new scooter or bike is just a credit card run away. Why don't you wander down and take an ST out for a spin? Bike or scooter, who gives a rip? They're all sides of the same coin. Red and I did an extended tour on a T-bird scooter eight years ago in Switzerland, and rode the Italian Dolomites this summer on something called the Honda Integra.....700 ccs, 115 miles per hour top end, and more fun than a box of frogs!

You're one of the souls of this forum, Paul.... don't see how we'd get along without you....

BrianInPA 10-24-2012 08:27 PM

Now that I have picked my jaw up off of the floor... Bike or scooter - doesn't matter. Just ride!

OnaWingAndaPrayer 10-24-2012 10:27 PM

Paul it was good to meet you @ NASSIR I in Calhoun . I am glad to hear you plan to stick around with us and share the knowledge .
I am sure you know best when its time to change course and choose a new direction of travel . I am sure you'll find a nice set of wheels soon enough . If chose to ride a QA50 its all good by me . Perhaps a bonus is the new pace you might enjoy the scenery a few moments longer as it passes by .
God Bless you Paul and the "woman who hangs around here " . May he keep you both healthy and happy .

TwoBigCats 10-24-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exavid (Post 1704606)
My garage seems empty, there's no Goldwing there anymore. The 1800 has been sold. After over 200,000 miles on Goldwings there comes a time when I need to give up some things and that time has come for me. It's been fun and I've met a lot of great folks at the Calhoun, Montrose and Port Orchard NASSIR get togethers and three of the Moquito Roundups here in the NW.
I'll still be checking in here to see if I can be of any help to anyone and to see how things are going for Saunders forum friends.
I'm thinking of downsizing to another Silverwing scooter. As it turned out I should have kept the one I had a little longer but operating crystal balls are hard to come by.

i've enjoyed reading your posts the past couple of years that i've been a member here ... i hope you'll "check in" more often than not :)

littlebeaver 10-25-2012 12:05 AM

I have read you're advise and it has always been good , I have learned alot from you sir, sorry to hear you got rid of the bike.. I do look forward to you're posts in the future..

Jluvs2dive 10-25-2012 12:09 AM

I've been watching for this post since the Mrs. spilled the beans to me yesterday. You and I have had a lot of miles together and what a blast it's been! I certainly didn't see any signs that you were struggling with the Wing last month, but you alone know when the time is right and I understand and respect your decision. I do hope you continue with 2 wheels of some sort because you know I really enjoy our rides together. We'll have to make sure you have a CB of some sort though because it just wouldn't be the same without our banter back and forth, and I know you'd miss Greg's rendition of "I Can See Clearly Now". :D I really appreciate the help you've been to me as well! I'm really glad you're sticking around the forum!

John

Dusty Boots 10-25-2012 04:46 AM

I have seen hints of this day coming, but it is still a shock, Paul.

I'd like to thank you for all the helpful knowledge you have so freely given to us the members. It is such a bonus that you plan on sticking around to continue sharing your wealth of knowledge

Kind of surprised it's not a Beemer you're going after, but as long as you have your knees in the breeze, it's all good.

Been great meeting you at different events put on by members here and yes ....... I will continue to try and obey Red Lights! :wink:

Salut :waving:

wilkoi 10-25-2012 05:36 AM

Like the sunrise it is inevitable that those of us who ride will never be complete without wind in the face and hum of tires on the road. Scooter, mid size, does not matter, you will not be denied. Let us know what you buy and then ride long and often.

Rudy 10-25-2012 06:25 AM

One thing I've learned really well this past year is that you have to enjoy the time you have and make adjustments where you need to. Whatever you do next to keep yourself entertained will be hopefully as engaging for you. We all have to get to this point at some point in life and many of us are near that now. So best wishes to you and have fun!