It's been fun. - Page 5 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Paul, Mel & John said it best on page one. You have been one of the best forum friends that I have had (must be a west coast thing). You have had a great deal advise that I have listen to & made my riding life better. I to am now with an empty driveway but not for too long I hope. For me it is just a back problem which I hope soon to be rid of & after a healing period, I will be back on a Honda only thing tho, it will be a cruiser. Going back to 2006 you all welcomed me with open arms & made me feel like one of the family & tho everything you all have always supported me, which is why this is my home forum. Just because you don't have a ride you are always welcome here. I also think it would be a shame if you were to put your puter away. Take care my friend. Cheers Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(women only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
I already have my last bike.... an 05 Silverwing. This is my second one. I put a hitch on it and it pulls my trailer no problem. I pull a small trailer with the Silverwing with my Ranger pickup.... Just another way to get into the country.

I hope you stick around and ride that scooter to the fall round up next fall.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 02:04 PM

Model: '84 Aspencade
Hard to build on top of what everyone else has said Paul. You and the woman that hangs around there have been part and parcel of this great family...lifetime members. Your posts have been as entertaining as they have been educational and helpful. And as a kindred spirit with sea experience....I wish you full sails and calm seas wherever your next voyage takes you.

Mark
1984 GL 1200 Aspencade

To live you must be willing to die - Amir Vahedi

My father gets smarter everyday that he's gone.

I worried that I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtracho View Post
Hard to build on top of what everyone else has said Paul. You and the woman that hangs around there have been part and parcel of this great family...lifetime members. Your posts have been as entertaining as they have been educational and helpful. And as a kindred spirit with sea experience....I wish you full sails and calm seas wherever your next voyage takes you.

Not to mention the post count record, Mark. Just how could he give that up?

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

(women only)
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM

Year: 1998
Model: SE
Garage
Can't say it as well as it has been said in previous posts but I will miss your candor,sense of humor and advice that you have given and has helped me many times. Take care.

Texas Winged Horny Toads
NRA Life
PGR # 183546
Boy Scouts of America
Darkside # 1114
Iron Butt Association #45601
1998 GL 1500 SE 81,000 miles
2012 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2009 KLR (gone)
2006 Suzuki Burgman 26,000 miles (gone)
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM

Model: '08 GL1800
Y'all are killing me. This Silverwing thingy is interesting. For later. Will it pull a trailer?

Chief

Combat Vets Asso. San Antonio
PGR San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
Sure would have been easier to have kept the other Silverwing.
Yeah, but this one is bright red not that maroon red. Not to mention I came out $600 to the good selling one and buying this one. I just finished wiring an outlet for my Gerbings gear yesterday, just in time to ride with the guys for breakfast in Grants Pass. 40F at the house when I left thank goodness that scooter has a 450W alternator so I can handle the jacket liner and gloves. Nice and toasty. I ordered a Givi Airflow windshield for the scoot which will give a wee bit more protection and reduce helmet buffeting at highway speeds.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 02:28 PM

Year: 1996
Model: '96 GL1500A
Garage
First post gave me a bit of a scare...

Good to see you still around, and with a new ride to fulfill the empty space left by the wing... This forum simply would not be the same without your wit and expertise...

Working for a living is HIGHLY over-rated...
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800

Ok now that all the talking has been done.....We want to see
'The Lady in Red'....

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
I too have enjoyed your posts over the years. Just remember, there are no number of wheels rules at NASSIR. Hope to see you at next year's no matter what your driving.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page