It's been fun. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
It's been fun.

My garage seems empty, there's no Goldwing there anymore. The 1800 has been sold. After over 200,000 miles on Goldwings there comes a time when I need to give up some things and that time has come for me. It's been fun and I've met a lot of great folks at the Calhoun, Montrose and Port Orchard NASSIR get togethers and three of the Moquito Roundups here in the NW.
I'll still be checking in here to see if I can be of any help to anyone and to see how things are going for Saunders forum friends.
I'm thinking of downsizing to another Silverwing scooter. As it turned out I should have kept the one I had a little longer but operating crystal balls are hard to come by.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Forum Diplomat

Well, we'd all be the poorer for it, should you go away...... Also, you're a helluva rider (or at least you were back at Nassir 2), and I see no reason for you quitting other than you are just bored with it.....

Regardless, a new scooter or bike is just a credit card run away. Why don't you wander down and take an ST out for a spin? Bike or scooter, who gives a rip? They're all sides of the same coin. Red and I did an extended tour on a T-bird scooter eight years ago in Switzerland, and rode the Italian Dolomites this summer on something called the Honda Integra.....700 ccs, 115 miles per hour top end, and more fun than a box of frogs!

You're one of the souls of this forum, Paul.... don't see how we'd get along without you....

First name: Mel (Red\'s: Sandy)

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." (Bilbo Baggins)
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM

Model: 1984 GL1200 Standard & 1987 GL1200 Interstate
Garage
Now that I have picked my jaw up off of the floor... Bike or scooter - doesn't matter. Just ride!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Paul it was good to meet you @ NASSIR I in Calhoun . I am glad to hear you plan to stick around with us and share the knowledge .
I am sure you know best when its time to change course and choose a new direction of travel . I am sure you'll find a nice set of wheels soon enough . If chose to ride a QA50 its all good by me . Perhaps a bonus is the new pace you might enjoy the scenery a few moments longer as it passes by .
God Bless you Paul and the "woman who hangs around here " . May he keep you both healthy and happy .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by exavid View Post
My garage seems empty, there's no Goldwing there anymore. The 1800 has been sold. After over 200,000 miles on Goldwings there comes a time when I need to give up some things and that time has come for me. It's been fun and I've met a lot of great folks at the Calhoun, Montrose and Port Orchard NASSIR get togethers and three of the Moquito Roundups here in the NW.
I'll still be checking in here to see if I can be of any help to anyone and to see how things are going for Saunders forum friends.
I'm thinking of downsizing to another Silverwing scooter. As it turned out I should have kept the one I had a little longer but operating crystal balls are hard to come by.
i've enjoyed reading your posts the past couple of years that i've been a member here ... i hope you'll "check in" more often than not

Education is never as expensive as ignorance.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 AM

Model: 1981 Goldwing 1100 I
I have read you're advise and it has always been good , I have learned alot from you sir, sorry to hear you got rid of the bike.. I do look forward to you're posts in the future..
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
I've been watching for this post since the Mrs. spilled the beans to me yesterday. You and I have had a lot of miles together and what a blast it's been! I certainly didn't see any signs that you were struggling with the Wing last month, but you alone know when the time is right and I understand and respect your decision. I do hope you continue with 2 wheels of some sort because you know I really enjoy our rides together. We'll have to make sure you have a CB of some sort though because it just wouldn't be the same without our banter back and forth, and I know you'd miss Greg's rendition of "I Can See Clearly Now". I really appreciate the help you've been to me as well! I'm really glad you're sticking around the forum!

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
I have seen hints of this day coming, but it is still a shock, Paul.

I'd like to thank you for all the helpful knowledge you have so freely given to us the members. It is such a bonus that you plan on sticking around to continue sharing your wealth of knowledge

Kind of surprised it's not a Beemer you're going after, but as long as you have your knees in the breeze, it's all good.

Been great meeting you at different events put on by members here and yes ....... I will continue to try and obey Red Lights!

Salut

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: 2008 90,000 Miles
Like the sunrise it is inevitable that those of us who ride will never be complete without wind in the face and hum of tires on the road. Scooter, mid size, does not matter, you will not be denied. Let us know what you buy and then ride long and often.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
One thing I've learned really well this past year is that you have to enjoy the time you have and make adjustments where you need to. Whatever you do next to keep yourself entertained will be hopefully as engaging for you. We all have to get to this point at some point in life and many of us are near that now. So best wishes to you and have fun!

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page