2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM

displayed

I wasn't there, but I understand that they were at the AMA show in San Diego. I also believe that Honda of Russelville has the delux model advertised at $18,xxx. The lady that was in San Diego said she ordered one because she could flat-foot it with her 26" inseam.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 PM

Model: 2006 1800
I wounder if they might take the ST1300 put a trunk on it for a cheaper, smaller, sporty touring bike to compete with that newer BMW cruiser..

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Vintage Rider

Model: none at present
It is undeniably a bagger, which will be a turnoff to some. At least it does not have a v-twin and a batwing fairing like the Kawasaki Vaquero, which is the most blatant Harley copy I have seen so far. I wish they had kept the trunk, and gotten rid of the fairing altogether and replaced it with a windshield. Storage space is needed on a touring bike, and it looks like a plain windshield would have offered as much protection as the fairing. My understanding is that it has very little in the way of gadgets, bit it does have a stereo, which I wouldn't want or need. They did put styling on top of functionality in many areas, but that type of thing sells. I personally would have preferred a very basic non cruiser type touring bike, ala the 1980 Interstate. Unfortunately that style is gone, and just like new cars no longer look like cars to me, most new motorcycles do not look like motorcycles anymore either. To me Honda's new 700X is the ugliest thing I have ever seen with 2 wheels.

I do like the new Honda CB1100 however. It to is not perfect, but looks more like a real motorcycle than anything else Honda has, and it can probably be set up for touring. I would like to see Triumph take a stab at building a "traditional" touring bike. With the exception of the tiny Suzuki TU250, their Bonneville is the only standard styled motorcycle sold in the U.S., and for some reason they call it "retro" To me it is just a motorcycle looking like what a motorcycle should look like.

"New vehicles move the body. Old vehicles move the soul. Vintage forever"
"Obsolete does not mean it is not any good, it just means it is not made anymore"
"The simpler the better"
Save the environment. STOP the developers.
PGR member since 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM

I looked the F6B over closely at the International Motorcycle show in Long beach Calif. last weekend. They removed just enough features off of this to make it not compete with the Wing. Also it's presented so you cannot just put the Wing features on it and have the real McCoy.
I was surprised at all the people with Harly T-shirts that were checking it out. I do believe it will be going for the Harly market for a bagger cruiser.... and offer one that will go 200,00 miles without major problems. I think it will find it's market and al;so keep the Goldwing line going in sales with the down economy. Looks like a smart move for Honda.
But for me I like all that I have with my 2005 GL1800.

Corventure Dave
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Vintage Rider

Model: none at present
Back in the distant past, I owned a Suzuki GS1100 and a Yamaha XS1100. Both were set up for touring, with Windjammer fairings, trunk, and bags. The accessories did not match the color of the bikes, which is the one thing I did not like about them. Well that and by the time you added all the accessories, you didn't have much load capacity left, because the bikes were not designed for all that weight. I bought both of them set up like that. They did not have any other accessories, all the fairing had was pockets and compartments, and there was no light in the trunk. They were of course air cooled inline fours. I loved these bikes. I almost got killed on the Yamaha when I got sideswiped by a Suburban and went down hard. I foolishly sold the Suzuki for something I wanted more at the time. But these were my idea of what a perfect touring bike should be. No gadgets, just a basic motorcycle with wind protection and a place to carry stuff. I'm still having a hard time believing I'm the ONLY one in the whole world that wants a bike like this.

The GL engine was a major improvement over the air cooled engines for touring bikes. I never owned a GL1000 with aftermarket fairing, bags and trunk, but I'm pretty sure I would really have liked it.

"New vehicles move the body. Old vehicles move the soul. Vintage forever"
"Obsolete does not mean it is not any good, it just means it is not made anymore"
"The simpler the better"
Save the environment. STOP the developers.
PGR member since 2007
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Garage
Hey Jerry
I own a 79 1000 a 1100 and a 1500. I bought the 1000 as my first wing and realy my first bike 4 yrs ago. It was a standard. I have since put a vetter ss fairing on it. and the bags and trunk from the 1100 interstate on it.
It is simply the best motorcycle I own. I love the looks of it and mostly I love riding it.
The 1500 was probly a better deal as ive had it for 2 yrs and only changed oil and added gas.
I feel the 1500 is pretty much a Honda civic. and the 1000 is a motorcycle.
The 80 interstate was fully loaded when I got it and I feel Honda toke vetter's fairing and killed it. Way to much insulation from the wind and road. Bringing motorcycling to those who really weren't motorcyclist's but more civic types.
I would really love to have a new version of my 1000 with updated technology but same size and style.
wilf
Oh and the 1500 has a great stereo and speakers in the helmet and I use them all the time I ride the bike. I put a vetter stereo sound in the 1000 a time but toke it out as I hated to wreak a good bike ride listening to music! That's for the Civic oh I mean 1500!!
Wilf

79 gl1000 dresser
80 gl1100I now naked
90 1500 full dress
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Senior Moment Member

Model: 2004 GL1800A
Yes you can order it. Here is a picture of one at the Seattle International Motorcycle show.

While the bike is interesting, the one that everyone was crowding around was the CB1100 built just like the old CB750's but updated with fuel injection and soon to have ABS.

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 AM

Model: 2012 GL1800
Looks like a bagger, I think there maybe a market looking for something like this, but then again...

USAF 82-08 retired
VFW Life Member
2012 GL1800 8,100 miles
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 AM

Model: 83 GL 1100 I
Garage
wish i had the engine. but--- i still like my 1983 interstate ! !

1979 gl1000 dressed --back to naked
1980 gl1100 interstate --side lined
1983 gl1100 interstate the fastest color--RED
retired trucker---going to see it again ----on 2 wheels---love it--love it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM

Garage
Now if they can get that bike featured in a Hollywood movie. Ridden by a young reblel type a legened will be born!
Wilf

79 gl1000 dresser
80 gl1100I now naked
90 1500 full dress
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page