Parked it 3 weeks ago, now won't keep running - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Year: 1990
Make: GL1500
Model: Aspencade
Parked it 3 weeks ago, now won't keep running

Hi folks:

I bought my new to me GL1100 in August and have ridden it a few times. Last time I rode it 3 weeks ago, it ran great and I topped it off with fresh gas (not corn gas).

I parked it on the center stand in the garage and went out last week to start it and it would try to start but then not run. I had turned the gas off when I parked it but turned the gas on prior to trying to start it.

After multiple trys, I got it to run at idle but if you tried to give it any gas, it would stumble as if gas starved or missing on a couple of cylinders. But it smelled like it was running rich but maybe that was because of the rough running.

Anyone have some ideas how sitting for three weeks could have caused this problem?

Thanks

Dave in Pierre (wanting to ride more but mother nature is not cooperating)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Year: 197*
Make: Honda
Model: GL1000
You must have hurt her feelings!

but on a more serious note you may have a blocked jet? after standing a few weeks maybe and I mean maybe the fuel has evaporated and gas has a habit of turning into a shellac like substance and it gets gooey. I would suggest that carbs seem to be a big problem with the wings mine have been stood for 15 years and they are totally gummed up and stuck, to save a huge amount of trouble when my beast has been rebuilt she will have a nice new single carb set up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 07:11 PM

Model: 2006 1800
Check for mice........

Back to riding after a 30 yr lay off.. Started with a 86 Magna 750 on to a 02 Shadow 1100,99 Magna 750,91 ST1100, finaly a 93 Wing.. and now an 06 1800 Loven Life...
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page