Slow shipping from Partzilla - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2001
Make: Honda GL1800
Model: GL1800/GL1000
Slow shipping from Partzilla

Anybody have much experience with Partzilla.com? I needed the cruise and sub air filter and also ordered the three air compressor filters as well. All reasonably priced and for the same shipping amount so I thought I would try them. Ordered on a Thursday with the following Tuesday as shipping, (it took them a day to give me a shipping status), then they moved it to Wednesday shipping, and I just checked and it is still 3 days from shipping. They also never answered an email inquiry I sent over the weekend that they said would be answered in 48 hours. Iím not impressed. Now Iím assuming they donít stock them and have to order from Honda and then re-ship to me.

2001 GL1800
1977 GL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
That report just stripped them from the +Rating in the Forum Index...

Now they are just an "alternate" if you dare.

South Sound/South Bound Honda in Washington state,

Western Honda in Scottsdale, AZ

Cycle Max Ohio

These are now the only 5* OEM parts shippers in the Index

I have used Cycle Max and Western Honda, both are instantaneous with their estimated shipping... and they have never failed me.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 PM

Model: 1984 GL1200 Standard & 1987 GL1200 Interstate
Garage
I have used Western Honda for just about everything I have ordered recently but just last week ordered some things through partzilla. I am having the same problem, so I think it will be the last time I order from them.

Oh and when Western Honda had to delay an order... I received a phone call from them, not an email.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Recently, my son who lives just north of Atlanta, GA needed parts to fix my ST-1100 he just finished....

I almost went with Partzilla because they were sooo close and offered a deeper discount...

but when I looked at the "total cost w/shipping" and the "known history" of Western Honda... I went with Western Honda even though they were slightly more expensive than Partzilla. The parts arrived "on time" just as promised

I considered South Sound Honda up in Olympia, WA. but their better discount was offset by 2,000 miles added to the shipping time to Atlanta, GA. When you are using UPS Ground, you have to take shipping time into account.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
I've never tried Partzilla yet. I get a similar experience when I order thru Cycle Max or Cheap Cycle Parts. Either way it takes about a week til parts show up at door. I'm finding it a mixed bag. Some have shipping built in so prices look slightly higher. Some charge different shipping rates. All seem very close in price.

A recent thing that happened with a front brake hose I ordered. 3 days after my initial order I got an email from Cheap Cycle Parts telling me that my hose was nowhere to be found in any warehouse in the country and was backordered. I called them to ask them what could I expect for a waiting time. They told me the chain of events that would have to happen and that there was no way to predict an ETA. I should have just gone with stainless braided lines. I still might.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Year: 1997
Make: Goldwing SE
Model: '97 GL 1500SE
Have used Partzilla 3 times over the past 1.5 years with no problem. I think one order got delayed waiting on 1 part to come in, but otherwise, pretty reasonable ship times and service.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
Thomas Paine December, 1776
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2001
Make: Honda GL1800
Model: GL1800/GL1000
This is interesting feedback. I didn't mean to blackball them but I certainly wanted to complain to someone....and they weren't listening! I've used CycleMax several times and they are excellent and

last year I bought some brake pads from Southside Honda in Louisiana and they were very good, fast shipping as well. I'll have to check out Western Honda I guess.

2001 GL1800
1977 GL1000
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 PM
killer driller

Model: 1999 1500se,1986 gl1200
Garage
I placed an order with cycle max on Friday my parts arrived at noon today, I received a tracking # as soon as they shipped and a confirmation e-mail right after I placed the order, I would recommend them to anyone

"ride safe my friends"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Model: 2012 GL1800
I ordered online my belt tensioners from Partzilla on Mon. April 30th at 11pm and got them Sat. 11am. If i would have ordered a wiring harness for the intercom, it would have taken about 4more days and would have delayed my tensioners they said. Glad i called them first and found that out so i just ordered the tensioners.

They are adding on to their warehouse so they can stock more and not delay orders as much.... Otherwise price is good from them.

Steve E.
2012-GL1800- 33,300 miles
88-GL1500-124k+ mi. SOLD
78-Honda CB750K- 72k+ mi.
67-Suzuki 250cc T20-X6 Hustler-fun to ride yet

Bridgestone Exedra- front

Pirelli Snow Control 3-R/F
8800mi on it so far @36psi and less

Pirelli Centurato P1 87V R/F-took off with 14.5k on it and mounted new P1. Maybe 2k more left but had small cut, so in trash.
34-36psi.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page