Building the Mollie Ragonesi tribute bike. - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Yup, them attorneys keep yelling they are hungry...

Mine was a pretty good guy, took my case at 35% of the proceeds, if and when we won the case.... which he made darn sure we did. took 3 years, but we won.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Mine is doing the same, but in case the case goes no where he needs compensation.

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado6x6 View Post
Mine is doing the same, but in case the case goes no where he needs compensation.
Um, no most of them don't...

It was explained right up front, that I will not owe him a dime if it don't go our way.

I had a choice of getting a much better deal if I was willing to take it to court, but that was going to add 4 to 7 years beyond the 3 years that we settled at. And the lawyer's take would jump to 45%

I decided to just be done with it and get on with life. The part that I did get was what paid for our home here in Oologah, up front, no mortgage.

~ John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well mine thought Mollies estate had some value, I took a ton of pics and a video of the place, showed it too him, explained how the place was trashed, her truck they busted the rear axle and mounds of garbage everywhere. So there is really nothing of value left. He is a good lawyer, loves guns, I gave him an Ar15 flat top I have no immediate use for, will be taking some .223 ammo over today. I was never thrilled about having a tacticool AR. I have bigger heavier longer reaching tools if I ever need them.
Just a heads up, if this case goes for me I will be gone, I mean I'm going off the grid for a bit, maybe a couple months, so if I'm not around don't worry, I'm just organizing my next level. Getting rid of junk, moving out, nose to the wind.

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update 4/17/2015
Just returned from the Anchorage Custom Bike Show, sadly i could not enter any bikes this year, of all reasons it was a combination of my poor health, winter snow blocking Mollies bike in the back side if the house plus my return to the workforce.
I had 4 bikes ready, and they would have been good bikes, not show winners except for possibly Mollies bike, nobody had anything close to what i have done to it, much less bikes this year as well, and for some reason the overall impression of the show was something i could only best describe as feeling "creepy".

Not sure what it was, it just felt like weird, might have been just my agriphobia kicking in, i get all kinds of anxiety from being in crowds, my whole body was aching the 50 miles back home, but on the good side i was able to contact the original owners brother of Mollies bike, we will get back together next weekend and i will show him the magical transformation i did to the bike.
Again here is a before and after of the 93 Gl1500.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-07 01.42.58.jpg (85.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20141123_173857.jpg (235.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20141125_220838.jpg (216.7 KB, 21 views)

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got Mollies tribute Goldwing out of the back side of the house, had to remove door, part of the wall and had to put a ramp in, then with three of us we managed to get bike through the soft tundra like growth, its like a very thick moss. Rode bike down the highway for its first taste of clean gas in several years, no vibration at all from the Shinko 890 Journey Tourmaster Radials with Dynabeads. With the Tulsa Touring windshield the wind hits just at the top of my head, i cannot quite see over the top of it even at its lowest setting, plus i am sitting on almost 2 inches of memory foam in the seat, it does sink down after a bit, very comfy.

Bike got up to 75mph like it was nothing, brakes are all new kevlar carbon fiber, slightly soft feel, almost spongy, they might just need to wear in a bit.
Radio worked just fine, could be louder, but much better than the original.

Still need to settle out a few trim pieces here and there, the radio cover and maybe some mire chrome on the trunk.
The brother of the original owner is going to come see the bike soon, he was very happy to hear its progress.
Here is some pics and next to my 95 i customized last winter. Mollies is the gold trimmed one, its a 93. Back end completely destroyed, bike flopped over both sides, so i think its made a nice recovery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150427_083441.jpg (399.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20150427_074650.jpg (398.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20150427_074640.jpg (343.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20150427_074628.jpg (408.1 KB, 13 views)

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Garage
I know you are going to enjoy that bike very much.

I loved the ride of my 1500s, but when it came to getting a replacement this time, I was "done with" carburetors for life....... no more....

Fuel Injection only for me now.

~ John

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:11 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
IT looks very nice Dan . The radio is a nice custom touch for sure .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks John, you think i overdid the gold like on the rims? I am open to any critiques. Only way to know is if somebody says something, i do have to say that these two bikes alongside each other would have stolen the show in its class if they were in last weeks bike show in Anchorage.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Garage
The trim is a matter of personal taste.

To me, considering how you did the rest of the bike, it is a match and looks "just fine".

Had you not trimmed out the rest of the bike in Gold, then it would have been gaudy.

My analog to this is, I personally prefer my wheels to be anodized black.... why is that any different than you choosing Gold?

neither choices are what Honda did for the bike.... but does that make mother Honda better than us? not by a long shot.... Japanese eyes have different preferences than we do culturally.

~ John

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page