Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Sd sb85 (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/549849-sd-sb85.html)

CaptainMidnight85 02-24-2015 07:52 AM

Sd sb85

1891 Attachment(s)
South Dakota Senate Bill #85 will pass tomorrow at 1:20 pm.

No more restrictions on handlebar height.

Thanks ABATE! :claps:

Dannyboy1949 02-24-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 (Post 3820633)
South Dakota Senate Bill #85 will pass tomorrow at 1:20 pm.

No more restrictions on handlebar height.

Thanks ABATE! :claps:

Why do you think this is important?
Not trying to start something...just asking.

CaptainMidnight85 02-24-2015 11:00 AM

1891 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyboy1949 (Post 3820729)
Why do you think this is important?
Not trying to start something...just asking.

...freedom from Government.

CaptainMidnight85 02-25-2015 07:39 AM

1891 Attachment(s)
Starting July 1st, there are no longer height restrictions on handlebars here.

South Dakota codified law 32-20-3

With more Riders per capita here than anywhere else on Earth (allow me the exaggeration), it's good to know that those with the Power to Govern allow the individual to choose for himself what suits him best.

Elsewhere with more restrictive legislature, we out here do what we want with our bikes, and then we ride 'em.
The generalized feeling I get here is this, ...you can do what you want to do so long as you're responsible enough to do it and enjoy the consequential results afterward ...good or bad.

That's the kind of Freedom from Government I like.
That's why I continue to keep living here despite the long Winters.
Every Winter I think of Snowbirding it out to somewhere else.

1 State of the 48 contiguous see it my way. That's good enough for me today.

Freedom > The More the Better.

mikesojourn2 02-25-2015 09:06 AM

I'm surprised the politicians could actually agree on anything... I hope the folks use their newfound freedom to RIDE SAFE! I had the pleasure to ride through SD a couple of years ago and they really do have a huge amount of riders and some beautiful scenery.

CaptainMidnight85 02-25-2015 09:30 AM

1891 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesojourn2 (Post 3822673)
I'm surprised the politicians could actually agree on anything... I hope the folks use their newfound freedom to RIDE SAFE! I had the pleasure to ride through SD a couple of years ago and they really do have a huge amount of riders and some beautiful scenery.

There are ways to handle the stupidity of grips at the top of ones crew-cut hairline. I've no doubt that some will try their time with hands higher than comfortable, ...or even safe imo.
But like most things, sooner or later the newness subsides and the kids get their hands back down to something more comfortable. The old-school guy's that run bars at about shoulder height have been doing it all along anyway. They aint changing nothing.
The weekenders wont change much either.
It'll be the kids trying out their best shot in emulating TV that will realize TV is fiction and that high grips are a pain in the Ess.