• 1 Post By bodasefus
  • 1 Post By Silverado6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1990
Make: Honda
Model: 1990 GL1500
My new to me GL1500 is finally running great

I just bought a 1990 GL1500 about a month ago... I was in bad shape as someone had taken the word "Goldwing" to a new lewvel with rattle can gold paint... Not the good paint but cheap dollar store paint and painted all chrome and bling gold... Also the front area behind the wheel all gold... What a Fuktard... With the help of a friend,,, we removed all painted chrome and restored it back... I took scoot to my mechanic,,, Jim's Cycle Shop in No. Fort Myers and he went through it... replaced a lot of vacuum lines that were leaking,,, synces and adjusted the carbs and changed the rear end oil... The bike came out today and it runs like new... purrs down the road... If you live in the area and need an honest factory trained mechanic,,, give him a call... 239-995-1000... He is very good...
pumpkinhead10a likes this.

Bodasefus aka Russ Lawrence

Some days the Dog,,,
Some days the Hydrant...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 06:36 PM

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Its unconventional but thats the point, at least i used VHT fuel proof gold on my bikes rims and lower metal panels. My rims were BADLY oxidized, after hours of scrubbing they were still pitted, so i decided to paint mine, and i switched to carbon fiber kevlar brake pads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141204_174341.jpg (230.7 KB, 21 views)
pumpkinhead10a likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page