post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randylexus View Post
Happytrails- I ran into the same predicament with my 2797 as to wanting it where I could hook it into my bike audio, but still be able to use it in the car. Sooo- after following the instructions floating around somewhere on this forum (or maybe a different one) I made one substitution to the guy's wiring. Instead of putting a regular 1/8 inch jack, one for mike and one for speaker, I went to Radio Shack ad bought regular stereo jacks that will complete the circuit back to the original GPS mike and original GPS speaker when the plugs (wired to the audio system) are pulled. Works great !
I may be doing that little mod on my 2797....

by the way, I used the suction cup today in the car. Solid as a rock.
I think the plastic mount would break before it turned loose if you didn't unlock it.

ANYONE tried to pull the Saved stuff out of the old Garmins and import it to the 2797 yet?
Today, I found out in a hurry, that I really missed having all of my presaved stuff already in the GPS...

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Model: 2000 GL1500SE
Happytrails sent a PM re: wiring up the jack. I PM'ed him for email address so that I could furnish pics and assistance. Will be glad to do same for you if ya' want.

Current rides--
2000 Gl1500SE
1999 Suzuki Intruder 800
1998 Yamaha Virago 1100

Past rides---
1975 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1987 Gl1200

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Model: 2000 GL1500SE
By the way, I'm one of the few people who knows where Oologah is, I grew up in SW Oklahoma, Hollis and went to college in Norman!

Current rides--
2000 Gl1500SE
1999 Suzuki Intruder 800
1998 Yamaha Virago 1100

Past rides---
1975 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1987 Gl1200

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Unofficial Youtube Addict

Year: 1991
Model: 1991 Goldwing SE Anniversary Edition
Garage
Quote:
Happytrails sent a PM re: wiring up the jack. I PM'ed him for email address so that I could furnish pics and assistance. Will be glad to do same for you if ya' want.
Thanks Randy that helped a bunch. Now I just need to decide how to make the connection to bluetooth or the bike.

"riding is good therapy"

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
By the way, I'm one of the few people who knows where Oologah is, I grew up in SW Oklahoma, Hollis and went to college in Norman!

Green Country we call it

~ John

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Year: 1999
Model: 99 1500 SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
I may be doing that little mod on my 2797....

ANYONE tried to pull the Saved stuff out of the old Garmins and import it to the 2797 yet?
Today, I found out in a hurry, that I really missed having all of my presaved stuff already in the GPS...
I have done this with a lot of Garmin models. I use Garmin Programs, Mapsource and Basecamp. My 2797 did not get here yet but I am sure it will work just like the others.

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/basecamp
http://www.garmin.com/us/maps/mapsource

With Basecamp and/or Mapsource you can do a lot of things that make your GPS more personalized, efficient for navigation and easier to use. I have been using Mapsource for about 15 years and I love it. I was forced to learn Basecamp for the newer models.

I still do most of the things I want in Mapsource but must use Basecamp to load them into the newer GPS models. The newer GPS units will only connect to Basecamp. I think Basecamp will do a lot of the same things Mapsource does but I have not found out how to do them all yet. One good thing is both Garmin programs will load and save the same files, so anything I do with Mapsource can be loaded into Basecamp and saved to my newer GPS's.

PM me is you need any help with this John.

Larry

Retired, Lazy, Broke, and riding the Wing every day that I aint out fishin!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page