Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Wearing a helmet (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/605986-wearing-helmet.html)

Achysklic 03-05-2016 11:04 AM

Wearing a helmet

I live in a state where you only have to wear a helmet if you are under 18 or for your first yr having your lic. I admit in the past Inhave rode back roads without a helmet, but now I always wear one....however, 90% of the riders I see on the road here done wear one...so, How many of you wear one?

Btw I just ordered another 2 new helmets, I have way too many now...lol

DaveO430 03-05-2016 11:48 AM

I ride my little dirt bike to the mail box without a helmet, but that's it.

Smurfhawk 03-05-2016 11:58 AM

I think after taking accident scene management courses for biker's in my early 40's I wear my helmet 99 percent of the time also I'm not promoting it but if there is something in your area in the realm of a accident course I would suggest taking it. Iv'e used my training a couple times at cycle accidents , it's a good thing.

Achysklic 03-05-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smurfhawk (Post 4507338)
I think after taking accident scene management courses for biker's in my early 40's I wear my helmet 99 percent of the time also I'm not promoting it but if there is something in your area in the realm of a accident course I would suggest taking it. Iv'e used my training a couple times at cycle accidents , it's a good thing.

I have taken dozens of scene magagement courses over the yrs( Medic 22 yr) I have seen it all, I do advise anyone to wear a helmet and protective clothing, but in my Home state very few do wear, lots of shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and no helmets...

cavie 03-05-2016 12:42 PM

I like my pretty face just the way it is. Feet too!

AZgl1800 03-05-2016 01:06 PM

876 Attachment(s)
I've been known to ride with my flip flops.... almost from the shop to the mailbox out front, that's maybe 300 feet?

Maybe the same for no helmet, just puttzing around the acreage moving the bike from a different area than where it was....

But, when I leave the drive and hit the highway? law or no law, it is ATGATT.

Roadyrider 03-05-2016 02:27 PM

I've been known to take a turn around the acreage without one, and I shouldn't even do that, but highway? No way without a helmet.

Hodgy 03-05-2016 03:02 PM

It's the law here now so I do wear one.

Five years ago me and a bud took the Road to The Sun and after we stopped at Logans Pass, I rode down the West side of the mountain with a ball cap on. There was construction most of the way so it was stop and go.

I think we did about 20 miles before pulling over. That was the first time I had rode without a helmet since the late 60's. I felt naked the whole time and wore the helmet the rest of time we were in Montana.

DaveO430 03-05-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy (Post 4507506)
I felt naked the whole time and wore the helmet the rest of time we were in Montana.

I rode from 1 parking lot to another 1 time, about 20 feet on the street, without my helmet and felt naked doing that.

BrianInPA 03-05-2016 07:59 PM

I'm lucky to live in a State where it is a choice and not a law... I choose to take advantage of that choice.