Car Stereo on Motorcycle - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
 7Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Model: 84 interstate
Car Stereo on Motorcycle

Yes this is nothing new on a Goldwing, I have a 1984 GL1200 with Pioneer car stereo with 4 speakers, 2 up front 5 inch and two 6 inch at rear

But I just got a new 2nd bike, a 2015 Honda 750 Shadow Aero (brand new) and I want to put a stereo on it, I dont like ear buds, I want something like what I have on my goldwing with a Pioneer car stereo, but no room for it

So what I want to know is this.. All I ever listen to is my Ipod Shuffle 2x2 inch that I just have plugged into aux input

I dont want some cheap shark item at least I dont believe so, I want some small head that I can just somehow fasten to handlebars, or make fit somewhere, but I want it to be able to power the speakers the same way my full size Pioneer car stereo does on my Goldwing

I dont need a radio or a cd, just to plug in my little mini Ipod shuffle win 3.5 aux input, but with the same power as the full size car stereo, and I want it to power two 6x9 speakers

Am I dreaming is there such a thing

I have looked at a lot of shark stuff and related, they all sound pretty tinny to me on the videos, can anybody help me out

just want a small head unit with aux input 3.5 or usb input, no radio or cd needed , but want to be able to power same speakers as a full size standard car stereo, and get same sound

I can figure away to install speakers. just need a small powerful head unit that could maybe clamp on handlebars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
You can buy a 'Batwing' fairing that you can install a stereo in, I think they were called 'radio caddy fairings'.
http://www.trikeshop.com/shop/produc...caddy-fairing/
Slim Pickens likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 01:59 PM

Model: 2010 GL 1800
What I see the most at bike shows for installs is a pair of speakers mounted to handle bars in a neat package about the size of a fist it is tied to an amp under the seat. and connected to your phone . The sound is incredible install time is minutes and can be transferred to next bike. If I had a naked bike this system would force me to buy a smart phone.
Slim Pickens likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
You can buy a 'Batwing' fairing that you can install a stereo in, I think they were called 'radio caddy fairings'.
http://www.trikeshop.com/shop/produc...caddy-fairing/

Thank You Trike Lady I did look a bit into that, but will absolutely take a look at your link
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by last child View Post
What I see the most at bike shows for installs is a pair of speakers mounted to handle bars in a neat package about the size of a fist it is tied to an amp under the seat. and connected to your phone . The sound is incredible install time is minutes and can be transferred to next bike. If I had a naked bike this system would force me to buy a smart phone.
That is probably what I am looking for, though I just have a flip phone, I have my Mini Ipod Shuffle that I suspect that could be plugged in in stead of phone, or probably

thanks for input
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by last child View Post
That is probably what I am looking for, though I just have a flip phone, I have my Mini Ipod Shuffle that I suspect that could be plugged in in stead of phone, or probably

thanks for input
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I once bought one of those Shark stereo kits for my ST1100.
What a joke.
Threw it in the trash.
Slim Pickens likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
I once bought one of those Shark stereo kits for my ST1100.
What a joke.
Threw it in the trash.
Thanks, that is big because I just completely ruled that out based on your experience
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
This looks like it would be a good start. You'll probably need to wire in an amp. It's a pretty clean looking install though and waterproof.
And...
...if it turns out to be not so good, you're only out 17 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231480228425...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Slim Pickens likes this.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Model: 2012 Pearl White
There was a vendor at Americade, He was actually staying at the same campground, that was selling this setup. The sound was remarkable.
http://www.extremecycleradio.com/
AZgl1800 and Slim Pickens like this.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page