1998 Limited ...what should I pay? - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 07:46 PM

Model: 2006 Level 2 Gold Wing
Kelly Blue Book on a `98 S.E. shows $4,070 trade in value. (What a dealer would allow on trade for one of his bikes.) The same dealer should ask $6,435 when he goes to sell it according to Kelly Blue Book.I like to ask when the last time clutch and brake fluids were changed. Usually get a blank stare at that question. Lets me know how the bike was maintained. Probably should have at least 2nd set of cam belts by now. How does it idle, and run? My `98 S.E.doesn`t have the hidden seat cover. Never did. That was just on earlier S.E.s I have replaced the windshield with a Memphis shade windscreen, no winsheild vent on mine either. For sure should have the adjustable rear floorboards, and toe warmer to be a S.E.
gumbyred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
the toe warmer vents are a joke

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Year: 1997
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Maybe in winter ...... but leave them open on a warm day ...... you'll know soon enough!

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )
GWRRA, NRA, & VSPA Life Member

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Year: 1997
Model: Aspencade 1500
Garage
Bought my 97 1500 for 5K had 31,000 miles on ot and the owner had a very detailed maint. log

Only a biker knows why a dog puts his head out of a window of a moving vehicle.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 11:14 AM

Model: 96 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Toe warmers they are not. However....after driving long enough for the bike to warm up on a cooler/cold day (50-60degrees), you can open it up and immediately notice the space where your legs are at gets warmer by a nice amount. I can drop my hand from the bar and hang it straight down to warm it up if I don't have my gloves on while riding. That space ends up working kinda like a wind door. Takes a little bit for the warming effect to go away when you close it. Granted, on a REALLY cold day, I wouldn't have gloves off to find out if it is still effective enough.

Also, I have noticed that when the upper vent on the sides are closed, cold air comes through the lower one. Open up the top one, and warm air comes out of the lower one. Kinda strange to me.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccaz View Post
Also, I have noticed that when the upper vent on the sides are closed, cold air comes through the lower one. Open up the top one, and warm air comes out of the lower one. Kinda strange to me.
On my SE there are little levers on the outside of the lower vents. Slide those levers down and you change the air source for the lower vents from direct outside air to air that has been heated by the engine. Close the upper vents and there is some difference on the heat on your shins.

The lower foot warmers do help some but for real heat buy a set of foot wings. They reduce the air flow over your feet and what air you do get they pull across the exhaust manifolds.
Aloha Tom likes this.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page