Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Large Member

Year: 2000
Make: Honda
Model: SE
Garage
It's been one week without riding and it sucks! Prime season going to waste. Next x-ray is next week then the dr. can make a timeline decision. The walking boot is making my leg sore and it's aggravating my left knee which is now doing all the work. That knee has a torn miniscus. Getting old ain't for pu$$ies.

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
101421 miles as of 091418
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 08:53 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Nope, getting old is not fun, but i don't know anyway convenient way around it and still be around...
corkya likes this.

~ John

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Large Member

Garage
yeah take what we can get. There's still fun to be had, just have to make arrangements. At least I'm getting my grandkids to mow the lawn and that way get to spend time with them. But they want to go for a scooter ride and I can't do that.

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 AM

Model: 1982 GL1100 Interstate
I am a former paramedic and worked mostly in an ER (lot more comfortable working environment) and I have this story I tell people who get injured. You see sports injuries and they always have a cute girl on the sideline and she goes in the locker room to find out about the injury. It's a hammy, broken bone, whatever. She says that the player should be back in a month, 6 weeks. At least I think that is what she said because I'm more interested in her. They inevitably come back in that amount of time.

The reason why is because they do everything they're instructed to do. Their body is their asset. The best ability is availability. Apparently your fracture is not displaced or else you would would have had surgery already. Just a guess. Should heal up nicely, longer time if you're diabetic. Good luck.

I couldn't fix my brakes so I made the horn louder
Motor started to knock. Turned up the radio.

Jack
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Large Member

Garage
Just saw the ortho. No surgery or cast needed, only have to wear the boot another 3 weeks. I asked if I could ride. He said he doesn't ride but asked if I could do it wearing the boot. What I meant was at the end of the 3 weeks. Apparenly so. I wouldn't ride with open toes which is what the boot is. Besides, I don't feel that confident yet to ride, ankle is still sore and not fully healed so I'll wait. Can still get in some riding before the snow flies....

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 03:52 PM

Year: 1967
Make: BSA Royal Star
Wilmo, You didn't answer John's question in post number 15. (What type of footwear did you have on)

Just curious.......!
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Large Member

Garage
Shoes for work. not boots, don't own any.

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Model: 2010 gl1800 Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmo View Post
Shoes for work. not boots, don't own any.
SMACK!

That's the sound of getting hit upside the head for not wearing proper apparel. Boots, preferably lace up with a side zipper that go above your ankle. Work shoes ride in the trunk or backpack until you get to work. And no tennies either!!!
corkya likes this.

Gary

2010 Metallic Black with Crucible Orange trim
Wild Rhino Oklahoma Chapter

A day, a month, or a year it's all subjective when your riding!
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Large Member

Garage
not getting into this discussion. I have my reasons and don't need to justify them to you.
JamesPal likes this.

Wilmo
Rubber side down!

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 08:23 PM
big PIA

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800
Some people just don't wear boots, the only boots I own are my steel toed work boots and I can't ride with them. The only other things I wear are tennis shoes. I have tried boots on but have never found any I can even tolerate. I know boots are preferred by most but some of us can't wear them
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page