post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 04:52 PM
big PIA

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Location: I'm highly nomadic and live from the saddle of my bike. I also haul a camper/trailer.
Year: 1995
Model: GL1500SE 20th Anniversary Edition
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPistol View Post
OUCH!

Kickstand fell down?

... Ummm .... has it done so before?
Ouch right back at ya! No, this was the first time. I've taken off a couple times before through the years, but this was the first time one came back down. I'm not one to leave my body, mentally, at any time, and especially when riding with one up.
CrystalPistol likes this.

Kai W.Anders (constantly)

"Life is ALWAYS exactly as serious as we choose to believe it is." (Hint: it's not serious.)

Too many bikes to list them all:
1985 Goldwing Aspencade
1981 Yamaha 850 Special
2008 Piaggio 150cc scooter
1985 Yamaha Venture tour (Prettiest bike to date)
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Pulled that picture and pasted it here, lot of folks don't have FB.

honda goldwing 1500

Mike Park on Facebook, Brookville, PA

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:28 PM
big PIA

Model: GL1800
Price range is right, but it is a ways away for him at moment
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Pulled that picture and pasted it here, lot of folks don't have FB.
There appears to be two faces to a Farcebook account, public and private/friends only.
This face is public so anyone can see it.
Not having a Farsebook account I have no idea how or if someone logged in to Farcebook can tell the difference.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:56 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
God bless you both. May the healing be complete. Best of luck in your search . Check the forum for sale as well. there is a 2 for sale add. A little over your budget but perhaps negotiable .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Year: 1997
Model: Aspencade 1500
Garage
Thank God you both are ok. Complacency is a bitch. Everyone gets into feeling confident and Murphy’s law Catches up to you.
Sorry for all your pain, hopefully others like me can take something from this

Only a biker knows why a dog puts his head out of a window of a moving vehicle.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Model: 1997 GL1500SE/Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi_Kai View Post
Ouch right back at ya! No, this was the first time. I've taken off a couple times before through the years, but this was the first time one came back down. I'm not one to leave my body, mentally, at any time, and especially when riding with one up.

Oh I meant nothing about leaving your body or mentality, and while I have on rare occasion ... pulled away from a parking spot and left the side stand down only to have it flipped back up (rarely as stated) soon ... I had never had it drop once up on my '85. I have been two up in twisties with dips and had the center stand touch the pavement but that was cured with a second spring added.

Glad all made it through ..... sad for the Asppy

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Model: Slightly less than before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi_Kai View Post
In Bandon, Oregon. In about a week or so, we'll be headed towards Ohio. The path to get there hasn't been mapped out yet, so there's a wide range of possible locations. I found what seems to be a great deal (43k miles on a '94 1500 SE, garaged) but it is being sold by a private seller and since I don't know him or his level of honesty, nor does he know me or mine - makes it tough to buy. Haven't figured out how to arrange it.
Willing to help If I can.

I'm 17 miles north of you in Coos Bay, OR. I'm tied up until noon tomorrow, the 3rd. Give me a call if there is anything I can do for you.

five-four-one-two 9-7 one-seven-zero-three
OR, 541-269-nine-three-four-zero

I'm retired, so I'm free most of the time. I used to work at the local Honda dealership. The have a great Goldwing mechanic that could check out the bike for you.

Rayjoe

Just went back and reread your posts. I thought you had found a bike in the local area.
last child likes this.

I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking about making a few more.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Location: I'm highly nomadic and live from the saddle of my bike. I also haul a camper/trailer.
Year: 1995
Model: GL1500SE 20th Anniversary Edition
Garage
I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and their help and offers of help. I think (for those of you who don't know) the story of how I got the bike might be interesting. I have been a street performer - balloon artist - for decades. When I turned 45, I realized that my life was most likely more than half over. So, in considering my life, I realized that I have never been good at staying in one spot or in accumulating money, so I decided to just give the rest of my life away, living simply, using my entertainment skills to try to spread a little happiness and maybe have a positive influence on children and teens. So I got rid of everything and moved onto a 1981 Yamaha 650 Special that I picked up for $500 (Borrowed more than half the money for it) and hit the road.

I love my life experience! I get to tell other people's children just how awesome they are on a daily basis. I get to watch the absolute wonder on a child's face while they watch me make balloons for them...and I'm skilled enough that I never have to watch my hands. If you haven't watched a kids face from 3 feet away while they get a balloon, you are much poorer for it! I recommend that you find a good balloon twister, stand behind them and watch the faces of the kids. It's a real treat!

Anyhow, I like to make some fancy thing like a bunch of flowers, walk into a random business, find someone who looks like they're having a tough day and hand them the balloon, along with the words, "They asked me to give you this and to say, 'Thank you for being so nice, generous, and helpful. You have a lovely day!'" Then I turn around and leave without answering any questions or taking any tips. They are left to wonder (for years) who thought they were so awesome. The tears of surprise and appreciation lets me know that I'm doing something right.

I stopped at a Golden Corral restaurant just North of LA and made balloons for whoever I thought might enjoy them before I went up to get my food. About half an hour later, a young man came up and said, "I saw that little bike you're traveling on. Ever wish you had more room?" He wound up giving me the '85 Aspencade! I asked him why he gave it to me and he said that he couldn't see his way clear to give money to panhandlers or street people, but he could support someone who is working to make others happy. The bike had 64k miles on it then. He was a 32 year old night security guard living in a trailer on a construction lot with his family. I had made his 10 year old son a single balloon motorcycle! And that's the story of my first Goldwing.

Kai W.Anders (constantly)

"Life is ALWAYS exactly as serious as we choose to believe it is." (Hint: it's not serious.)

Too many bikes to list them all:
1985 Goldwing Aspencade
1981 Yamaha 850 Special
2008 Piaggio 150cc scooter
1985 Yamaha Venture tour (Prettiest bike to date)

Last edited by Yogi_Kai; 10-03-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page