Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Jacks (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/665537-jacks.html)

Michael J33 11-07-2018 07:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Have a Goldwing is great, but if going to do your work on it , oil changes, tire changes etc its seem to have a motorcycle jack, yea center stand is good for holding bike up, but if want to work on it laying down not great, so have been looking around and find J & S Jack's in US, for most of everyone is find, other then me in Niagara Falls, Canada, the Jack's here are okay, but the video's watching show the J & S jack is the best. Anyone here using this jack? And is there a other jack that would come close to them, plus there are not cheap.

moparnut38 11-07-2018 09:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael J33 (Post 5803057)
Have a Goldwing is great, but if going to do your work on it , oil changes, tire changes etc its seem to have a motorcycle jack, yea center stand is good for holding bike up, but if want to work on it laying down not great, so have been looking around and find J & S Jack's in US, for most of everyone is find, other then me in Niagara Falls, Canada, the Jack's here are okay, but the video's watching show the J & S jack is the best. Anyone here using this jack? And is there a other jack that would come close to them, plus there are not cheap.

I have the J&S jack and love it. I have a GL1500 so if you want one for the GL1800 you have too also get the adapter that they have for the GL1800's.
Yea the J&S jack is the best you can get and the best out there.
Here is a couple of pics of my GL1500 on it and I also store my wing on it for the winter

Michael J33 11-08-2018 12:46 AM

Thanks, have GL1800 and would need the adapter for it, so looking around $700. Plus for it Canadian, love the way it holds the bike up, on the pics you have show me.

moparnut38 11-09-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael J33 (Post 5803265)
Thanks, have GL1800 and would need the adapter for it, so looking around $700. Plus for it Canadian, love the way it holds the bike up, on the pics you have show me.

yea the J&S jack company is just in the next town from me. I live in Appleton, Wisconsin (USA) and the company is literally 10 miles from me in the next town.
And the are the best out there. They even have a lifetime warranty that goes with the jack. That is why I bought it and can testify that they are the best.

I tried a "PIT BULL" jack that someone had for sale used and my wing just rocked around on the jack as it was going up and I did not like that as my wing is my baby and it weights close too 900 pounds and I just didnt trust it. I tried my neighbors J&S jack that he had for his Harley and wow what a difference in stability it had while raising and while the wing was up on it just sitting there.
Besides the PIT BULL will not work with the GL1800 as they dont offer that adapter that you need for the GL1800.
Look it up on You Tube and search for J&S jack and there is a video of the comparison between them.
I did alot of research before I bought my jack and it always came up as J&S is the best.

It is a bit pricey but for what it does and for the warranty that they have on it you can not go wrong.

Best investment I have ever made!!!!!!!!

moparnut38 11-09-2018 09:28 PM

moparnut38 11-09-2018 09:31 PM

moparnut38 11-09-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael J33 (Post 5803265)

I just posted 2 videos for you too watch about the J&S jack

Michael J33 11-10-2018 07:10 AM

Totally agree with you guys, have watch every J&S jack video, and hands down the best on the market, waiting for our Black Friday 3 weeks and hoping will come down little on the prices. Should say same as you guys Black Friday too lol

moparnut38 11-10-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael J33 (Post 5803699)
Totally agree with you guys, have watch every J&S jack video, and hands down the best on the market, waiting for our Black Friday 3 weeks and hoping will come down little on the prices. Should say same as you guys Black Friday too lol

Yea they should be running a special. I know they always do for Black Friday and a few other holidays. When I bought mine it was during the 4TH of July Sale.

Michael J33 11-10-2018 07:49 AM

Yeah most post have seen on FB or anywhere else, guys have bought it when they have a special on. Anything will help with the American dollar.