post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX BERECZKY View Post
+1... That's a very good point, as there is no benefit to having the FT's fit snug or tight; they are just as watertight when oversize. Being O/S also makes them EASY & FAST to get into, which is important when you're on the side of the road, and you're in a hurry to not get wet as that big black wall cloud crosses the road in your direction

My Frogg Toggs are so big, that even with my Heavy coat on, and then my Yellow mess ballistic bike jacket on over that, the Frogg Toggs are still very loose on me...
and yes, Lopeha and I had to crawl into our Frogg Toggs once in N.C. under a bridge during a fast upcoming heavy rain....

Water was running six inches deep under the bridge before we got the FTs on, and back on the bikes. if they had not big so big and loose, I would now have been able to get into them while standing on the side of the road.

That same set of FTs saved me many years back when riding my old ST-1000 going home from Eureka Springs rally.... about halfway home, it started raining..... I found big tree for shelter, got off the bike, and scrambled into those FTs and then continued home and did NOT get wet.... and mind you, that ST-1000 did not have a good windscreen, it was only 4 inches high.
dwade likes this.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2012
Model: 2012 1800 nav/xm
Garage
ok frogg toggs but what model frogg toggs are we talking that are so good

sanity,
2012- 1800 white the fastest color, why else would they call it white lightning?

2012 xl1800 timeout cargo trailer

2014 roll a home wide

2017 africa twin
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshine View Post
ok frogg toggs but what model frogg toggs are we talking that are so good

You owe me a BIG jug of Hot Chocolate sir

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1janzra7u/

click on a picture to see larger, then hit Backup on mouse or ?? to get back to the Gallery

11 images to look at
fireshine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i have the same frogg togg gear it was ok just seemed to seep at the seems and i got really wet in the seat i got the rs-2 joe rocket much better a bit heavier thicker 2 layers and vents but they do warm up when the sun is out but less wet in the seat guess they will have to do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0378 (Edited).jpg (73.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0377 (Edited).jpg (85.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0380 (Edited).jpg (55.4 KB, 8 views)

sanity,
2012- 1800 white the fastest color, why else would they call it white lightning?

2014 roll a home wide

2017 africa twin
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800C Valkyrie
Have Frogg Toggs living in the warm south and they have worked great .
also have a diamond plate motorcycle rain suit that also works great , just hotter and bulkier = Ebay $35
dwade likes this.

The best part of growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thought i would show where i do all of my route planning and stuff like that i watch my you tube vids on the 60" monitor on the wall have my maps on the wall behind me for my yellowstone trip this summer. and a little reading material and all my notes for alaska
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0381 (Edited).jpg (94.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0382.jpg (92.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0385 (Edited).jpg (109.1 KB, 8 views)
flylow, dwade and tamathumper like this.

sanity,

2014 roll a home wide

2017 africa twin
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800A
Garage
I find a lot of pants will leak, especially in the seam area, if you're literally sitting in a puddle of water while snowmobiling or motorcycling or ATVing. Jet skiing it doesn't seem to bother me as much, LOL.

Try putting a bead seat on your bike - that 1/4" gap it creates will keep your pants out of the puddle and allow it to drain away.
ALEX BERECZKY, fireshine and dwade like this.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM

Year: 1993
Model: GL1500A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshine View Post
thought i would show where i do all of my route planning and stuff like that i watch my you tube vids on the 60" monitor on the wall have my maps on the wall behind me for my yellowstone trip this summer. and a little reading material and all my notes for alaska

My wife and I have a large hwy map a lot like yours. We highlight the route and use pins to mark all our camping locations. We keep it in the hallway where company will see it when they use the bathroom. Great conversation starter. There are a lot of pins in the northern half from the I-70 up they rest of our riding days will be in the southern states. Needless to say, we rode in our fair share of wet weather. I own rain gear but I hate to put in on because it is so uncomfortable. We wear water resistant gear that we can put on and take off easily. I found during the summer, it's not bad getting wet because a few miles down the road, the wind will dry you off. Rain gear traps moisture in. In the mountains it can get cold even if it is 80 plus degrees at lower elevations. Then we put on our cold weather gear which are basically insulated bibs and jacket. They are very light weight and water resistant. Each year when spraying the water proofing on our tent, I give our weather gear a shot. Even if a tent is water proof, you will notice if you have anything pushing on the walls, it will leak at that point. What I believe is happening in your case is that rain is running down your front and collecting on your seat. The stretching that has been mentioned may be allowing water to seep in.
fireshine likes this.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:43 PM

Garage
for me, it has to be RAINING HARD before I put on rain gear.
The Goldwing's fairing and windscreen will push all that water over your head if you are making 40 mph or more.

My Ballistic Mesh jacket, sheds water like a duck..... I have never had water come thru it enough to make my skin feel wet..... as long as, I am riding at 40 mph or more.

Now, back in Phoenix, when the temp was 115F, my habit was to walk into the shower in full gear, and get as wet as I could, T-shirt and jacket.....

in 30 minutes, just as I am pulling up to home, I am dry as a bone....
those were the days, and I do NOT miss them.

~ John

What is the Forum Index?

Download it here:

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800C Valkyrie
Got caught out today and used my new thin ones for the 1st time in Pensacola.
the seat had a puddle when i set down and it rained hard on the way home. was 73 deg and after 20 min ride i was still dry everywhere without getting hot.

also like how they roll up so small they fit inside the compartment on my GL1800C which stays naked during the summer ......

The best part of growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page