a Factory, Honda Customized Goldwing? - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:31 AM

Garage
I don't get why every one is poo pooing the bike. I think there was a lot of work put into the design and still keeping it close to original
as for a custom show bike I like it, and as far as riding it, it has an air ride suspension that brings it up to normal riding height. it is in park mode in the picture, like buses that kneel down to let passengers off.

you have to take it for what it is, it's not a daily rider so a lot of the built for comfort features can be modified to alter the looks

I for one would ride it around at a rally and not be ashamed of it

But that's just my humble little 2 cents worth

97 1500 SE
Dark Side # 1522
USCA # 8913
GOODYEAR FUEL MAX 175 60R16
Pilot Activ 130/70 18

Just getting started

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:50 AM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
What was done to the Goldwing was not a 'Fresh' idea as it has been done before by the HD customizers. The Ness family if they would have been asked would have turned out a much more classy Goldwing. Ness edition Victory motorcycle were very tastefully done. How about being too creative and I present Exhibit A. The camera work is a bit poor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Year: 1987
Make: Honda
Model: GL1200 Interstate
I like it and find the design/build interesting. I come at it from a perspective of owning more V-twins in my life than other configurations. So I'm more familiar with the style. I've owned three Vics, current one is a '07 Vegas. Vic and Ness parted ways a while back...and, in my eyes, Vics started to look better post-Ness. I'd never plunk down money on a Vision. The Cross bikes, yeah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:40 PM

Model: 1998 SE SOLD But Not Forgotten!
I like it! Yes it's more art than functional but I enjoy seeing a new take on something like that.
My only problem with it is the seat...looks a bit bush league and is out of character for the bike overall. Just my opinion though.

Dan & Jo Ann

The journey IS the destination .
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
AJ1500 is right, it's sitting on that bar brace underneath. Air suspension picks it up to ride height. I actually like it. Wouldn't want to work on it though.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page