Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/)
-   -   My New Nomad - not a Kawasaki (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/5-general-motorcycle-discussion-forum/668119-my-new-nomad-not-kawasaki.html)

Andy Cote 07-14-2019 10:58 AM

My New Nomad - not a Kawasaki

5 Attachment(s)
So I was looking for something special. In my various travels I came across this.

The owner sent me bunches of pictures and went on and on about the detail and the paint. I couldn’t really appreciate it from the pix. When I saw it though, wow! The painted details for the windshield trim and moldings, the details in the faux headlights and front directional lights, even the faux wheels with the bowtie logo; all are amazing. Painter must have taken a huge amount of time. (I do have his name but need to talk to him before I post publicly.) Colors are original Chevy cream and black metallic. Paint is over ten years old but looked great. I had my detailer buff it up and put a ceramic coating on it.

The original four wire harness used the car lights for tail, brake and turn. Notice the blue dot inserts! I purchased the Hyperlites combination tail/brake/directional with amber and red LEDs. Very bright, compact and strobe brakes (ten fast flashes then solid). I have used these in the past with good results. I placed these on the “running board” so out of direct sunlight they seem even brighter. I still used the car lights as tail and brake but upgraded to the SoCalMotoGear Xtreme 1157 bulbs. I needed to add a license plate mount and light underneath to one of the crossmembers. All new wiring to match the bike and a new swivel hitch. New tires, Dynabeads, metal valve stems and TPMS sensors and I’m done.

I am told it was originally sold as a kit by Mr. Wayne Bright of Rossville, Georgia. Still researching the history of that company. I tried reaching out to carrepilcatrailers.com contact info but doesn’t seem to be anybody home.

Previous owner told me to expect gawkers every time I stop somewhere. So far true. Even bringing it come; I had it in the pickup bed of my 2500 4x4 and it was barely visible from the ground. Still got questions.

Dodge 07-14-2019 12:17 PM

Always loved Nomad Wagon, sweet trailer!

Bike...and Dennis 07-14-2019 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is pretty cool.

I've seen one out here on the opposite end of the earth but figured it was a one-off creation. Gotta wonder, now, if there are more.

Sorry, it's a phone pic, so not too good.

OnaWingAndaPrayer 07-14-2019 05:06 PM

Thats a nice piece of work. How much actual cargo space does it supply? Its sure to draw looks . Enjoy the rides.

AZgl1800 07-14-2019 05:40 PM

My brother had a '57 Nomad with the wood trim, wonder where it is now?

Andy Cote 07-14-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnaWingAndaPrayer (Post 5853545)
Thats a nice piece of work. How much actual cargo space does it supply? Its sure to draw looks . Enjoy the rides.

Floor space is about 3' x 6-1/2', big enough to sleep in but no ventilation.

Andy Cote 07-14-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis (Post 5853431)
That is pretty cool.

I've seen one out here on the opposite end of the earth but figured it was a one-off creation. Gotta wonder, now, if there are more.

I actually saw that bike and trailer for sale when I was looking. Check the AZ craigslist and see what you can find. The whole setup with the full on veteran's appreciation paint scheme looked fantastic and priced pretty fairly if I remember correctly.

dingdong 07-14-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis (Post 5853431)
That is pretty cool.

Dennis that rig belongs to one of the senior members of Rolling Thunder. I met him on a ride to Washington DC maybe 5 or 6 years ago on Memorial Day weekend. I don't remember his name but I have some literature he gave me. I also have pics of him and his bike and trailer. Small world!

RambozoClown 07-14-2019 09:19 PM

Way too cool.

CrystalPistol 07-14-2019 11:22 PM

Love it!

I probably would not have blue dots on it if mine, but it's yours.