Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Model: '99 Gold Wing SE
GL1500 Electrical Circuits (Tip)
Not all GL1500 Gold Wing's are wired the same...........!
The 1988 - 1992 years are wired different compared to the 1993 - 2000 years. I have listed a few differences:
1. Ignition switch output (what it powers and controls)
2. Main fuse B "55-amp" Dog Bone (what it powers and controls).
3. Ignition/cruise relay (input power source).
4. Ignition power path (from the battery to the ECM and ignition coils).
5. Neutral light circuit (input power source).
6. Tail Main Relay # 3 (what it powers and controls).
7. Starting circuit (functions of relay A, B and starter motor wiring).
8. Reverse circuit (input/output power from the reverse lever switch).
Its important to reference the appropriate Honda service manual when diagnosing electrical problems.