Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

ride height

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  snowmoer 
#1 ·
is there some where that shows the ride height of a gen2 wing i've looked everywhere and cant seem to find anything on it

#10 ·
Ok so how do you measure it is it with the bike on both tires and where on seat is it measured?

#13 ·
I would think you'd be able to get the ride height by putting the side stand down, lay a yard stick (approx width of my posterior), then straddle the front tire and straighten it upright holding on to the fairing; as you hold it straight have a buddy measure distance from the ground/cement to the bottom of the yard stick. You could put a carpenters' level on the stick so you could see the "bubble" and know when it is straight.

(I'm still wondering why you need the measurement though :))

#14 ·
i was asked lately if i had a lowering kit on the bike it seems lower then others, it rides fine always 2 up seems ok just curious i am changing out the rear spring this winter to a progressive

#18 ·
Well, Wiki indicated the GL1500 had (99 bhp) but the Honda Certificate of Origin indicates (96 bhp).

I would trust Honda to know the correct number.......!

The first new model for 13 years, the 2001 GL1800 had a larger 1,832 cc (111.8 cu in) engine with fuel injection, and a power increase from 74 kW (99 bhp) to 87 kW (117 bhp).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.