I've met God today or so he thought - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:48 PM

Year: 2003
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800A
Garage
What strikes me most is, regardless of the statutes, the comments that imply all LEOs, fire and first responders, and veterans are heroes.

I can assure you each of those populations has their share of citizens on the bell curve between hero and a-hole... Let's not get away with ourselves assuming everyone who wears a uniform is a halo-wearing savior.

I've got relatives and friends in every one of those professions and I assure you they're 100% human.

Yes, I would have pulled over and stopped, conditions allowing. But, if the other person tended lower on the bell curve and endangered my safety I may also have responded with a harmless visual indicator of my assessment of his/her behavior.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Year: 1997
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
What you talking about Willis?

I've re-read the thread three times looking for the comments you describe. I found none. I get your drift though. I did one night have a fellow tell me to my face that I was an A--hole (I know, it is hard to believe, I scarcely believed my own ears) and I told him that to the contrary, I had been easy on him (and so I had too) but that I knew how to be one if it was needed. He laughed! Then he signed, took his copy, and went and got into his truck, got it in gear and started moving out and then he called me by name on the CB. I answered "go ahead driver" and then he said "Smokey bear, you're a S.nO.aB.tch". He had breakfast locally on the county.

General motorcycle.
AZgl1800 likes this.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:23 AM

Year: 84 GL 1200
Model: 84 Aspencade
was riding down road, 4 lane, no traffic... bimbette in wambulance pulled up to stop sign (didnt stop) looked right, turned on its lights and pulled right out in front of me... then looked left... where i was. TSTB TOO STUPID TO BREATHE, much less drive right. i was almost the first one to the accident. female drivers??? a contradiction in terms. guy told me at monster truck show one of the drivers had accident, female wambulance driver TOOOOK OFFFFF like there was a FIRE... ran over one of the jumps for the halftime show for atv's/bikes and planted the bumper of the wambulance right in the turf. they took her away in wambulance. truckers dont know there is a "city horn" on the steering wheel, apparently. all they know is AIR HORN TO BE A MAN TRUCK DRIVER!!!!!

that is a good way for the driver to have an accident... and have blood coming from his nose. mexican doorbell as it is called as it is some kind of communication device is mesico. when too lazy to get out of the car and knock on the door. great... when person resides in the back/basement of apartments and we are stupido enough to get an apt on the parking lot side of apt by the front door where EVERYONE honks the GD horn as... TSTB and lazy. and work at night and sleep during the day. i want to know where they live and i will come by at 2am and pull up 25' from their bedroom window and SOUND THE HORNS. see how they like it.

girl told me a guy came by to pick her up in HS for date.... he made the mistake of using the mexican doorbell to announce his presence .... her dad was football coach. he wennt outside to "explain" to boy that carhorns are NOT doorbells. she said never had that problem ever again with other BF's???? hummm? common courtesy is lost on most ppl now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I have a rule, and if you know me very long, you will exercise that rule.

you knock on the door, or alert me by phone, you do NOT sit outside and lay down on a horn.... I will not come out.... pisses me off to no end.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Year: 1993
Model: GL1500 Aspencade
Nothing to do with the topic.Years ago my wife was taking care of my oldest brother 150 miles from the house, she called and told me that the end was near and that I better get down here soon. I jumped on the 1500 and headed out, got on the freeway and about 50 miles out I passed a ambulance going about 90 mph with his lights and siren going. I thought for sure that they would get on the radio and I would get pulled over down the road but I made it in time!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page