Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

When all else fails ….. & air.

971 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CrystalPistol 
#1 ·
Air. We have to have it. We often need it to be compressed into or through small passageways.

Two years or more ago I bought a "Bulbhead" "Air Dragon" cheap ($19.xx) on sale. Got home, opened it up, and it shut off when I tried it. "JUNK" I said and I boxed it up to return it. It's been in the box ready to go back, then I found that I had lost the receipt, so there would be no return. I thought the package cardboard was more valuable. I finally decided to haul it to the dumpster sometime. Today I took it down and put it out, then thought "Open it up and find out why it won't work dummy", so I did open it up, I removed all them 9 or 10 or 12 small recessed screws with a magnetized driver. I noticed a small hose going to a sensor I took it, it sounded like it was exhausting air when I turned the gear and felt like a compression stroke in there too. In short, all looked well so I put it back together. Then I noticed the small red buttons under the digital readout, one was marked "up" and one was marked "down". I plugged it into trike (with two batteries now, so I knew I had juice), it lit up. I pressed "up" until it read 90 psi. I pulled trigger, it sets in "on" position. It come to life. I hold finger over end, it pushed against the outlet, I hit center button, it said 85. I held tight on hose outlet as it pumped, it shut off at 90. Even it's little LED work light and readout illumination bulbs worked.

Then, after setting it aside, I read the directions. :nerd:
I bought it to have as backup when on trike trips. That day I bought it, I just plugged it in and I guess since it was setting on 0 psi, it shut down. :rofl:

It is maybe slow, but it could give the trike's compressor a rest, or even inflate the rear shocks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.