post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:29 PM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
so far, it has only been run 3 times.
twice to exercise it and once to provide us with power during an outage.

found out one thing though, these medium priced aux gensets are not perfect sine wave generators. I have 3 APC brand CyberPower model standby units, and not one of them will turn on with the generator providing the power.

so, that means that if I want to watch TV or use my computers during a long power outage situation, I have to remove the APC units out of the circuit and do w/o them. what a mess that is.

I called the factory to find out why they would not work, and they explained that all APC units require a Perfect Sine Wave, or they will not all the input power to be passed thru to the appliances.

as you can see in this picture, there are 5 power cords and one USB charging module hooked to this APC unit. it is a 1500 watt unit and will run my desktop for about 30 minutes before the batter goes dead. It powers every thing on my desk,monitor, PC, etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CyberPower.jpg (60.7 KB, 9 views)

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome